Crustless Quiche

damalove

Having a hard time getting protein in the morning? I start every morning with some sort of quiche, filling easy and yummy. I bake this once a week and cut into six slices. I put each slice in a baggie or wrapped in foil, perfect for a ready-in-a-flash breakfast. My doc says 1 egg a day is perfectly fine. My recipe works out to 0.67 eggs per day.

Base recipe:

4 eggs

2 egg whites

1 cup 2% cottage cheese

1/4 cup parmesan, grated

This works out to 108 cal, 5.4g total fat, 12.8g protein, 2g carb per serving.

Sausage Quiche

4 eggs

2 egg whites

1 cup 2% cottage cheese

1/4 cup parmesan, grated

1 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp paprika

1 pkg (9oz) Jimmy Dean's precooked turkey sausages

In a food processor, puree eggs, whites, cheeses, spices, and season with a little salt and pepper. Dice sausage and arrange in a greased pie plate or baking dish. Pour egg mixture over and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350° oven or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean (depending on whether you're using metal, glass, nonstick bakeware). Makes six servings.

195 cal, 11g fat, 20.6g protein, 3g carb

Ham and Cheddar Quiche

4 eggs

2 egg whites

1 cup 2% cottage cheese

3 oz cheddar, grated

1 tsp mustard powder

1/4 cup scallions, sliced

8oz ham steak

In a food processor, puree eggs, whites, mustard, and season with a little salt and pepper. Dice ham and arrange in a greased pie plate or baking dish. Add scallions and cheddar in an even layer. Pour egg mixture over and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350° oven or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean (depending on whether you're using metal, glass, nonstick bakeware). Makes six servings.

243 cal, 15g fat, 22.6g protein, 4.5g carb

Tuna Casserole Quiche

4 eggs

2 egg whites

1 cup 2% cottage cheese

1/4 cup parmesan, grated

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp onion powder

1/4 cup scallions, sliced

6oz can tuna, drained and pressed to remove water

In a food processor, puree eggs, whites, spices, parmesan, and season with a little salt and pepper. Arrange tuna in a greased pie plate or baking dish. Add scallions in an even layer. Pour egg mixture over and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350° oven or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean (depending on whether you're using metal, glass, nonstick bakeware). Makes six servings.

207 cal, 13g fat, 21.6g protein, 2.4g carb

* can sub salmon, add 1tsp dill to make Salmon Quiche, nut. info will be similar

Tomato Bacon Quiche

4 slices bacon, center cut

1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved

4 eggs

2 egg whites

1 cup 2% cottage cheese

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Dash pepper

4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Cook bacon until crisp. Drain off all fat from pan. Add tomatoes and saute for 3-5 minutes until they begin to lose their shape and get soft. Sprinkle in salt and garlic powder. In a food processor, puree eggs, whites, cottage cheese. Arrange cheese in a greased pie plate or baking dish. Add bacon and tomatoes in an even layer. Pour egg mixture over and bake for 30-40 minutes in a 350° oven or until center is set and a toothpick comes out clean (depending on whether you're using metal, glass, nonstick bakeware). Makes six servings.

212 cal, 14g fat, 15.8g protein, 2.5g carb

I have plenty more options ive made in the past: Mexican quiche, with 5oz soy chorizo, 6oz canned chopped green chiles, and 3 oz pepper jack, and 1 tsp chipotle powder. Chicken Gorgonzola quiche, with 6oz roasted chicken, 3 oz gorgonzola or other blue cheese. Bacon Mushroom and Broccoli, with 3 slices bacon, 8 oz mushrooms (saute first in 1.5 tsp of bacon fat), and 1 cup chopped broccoli. Cajun, with 6oz chicken andouille sausage and 1 1/2 cups fire roasted peppers, smoked paprika. Have fun with it -- whatever you'd like in an omelette would be great in a quiche.

Finally, one that doesnt exactly follow the format, but its super delicious:

Pizza Quiche

4 eggs

2 egg whites

3 ounces cream cheese, whipped

1/3 cup half and half

1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

2 T parmesan, grated

4 oz pizza sauce

3 oz turkey pepperoni, diced

4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 T black olives, chopped

Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth. Add cream, spices, and pizza sauce. Spray a 9-inch or larger glass baking dish with cooking spray. Put the pepperoni and olives in pan, then pour egg mixture over. Evenly sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggs are set.

249 cal, 18g fat, 15.2g protein, 4.6g carb

All of these recipes can be made with EggBeaters, but I'd recommend using at least 2 whole eggs, so it will set up nicely and have good flavor.

Wishing you a Happy, Full Breakfast

~Dama

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't use anything precooked, or any type of sausage.

These are the 'ingredients' - Pork, Water, Seasoining (Salt, Dextrose, Spices, Bht, Citric Acid), Sodium Phosphates. *Bht, Citric Acid Added to Protect Flavor*

It's not a real food.

But then again, in Canada, we don't even have these sorts of products.

HOT DOG....Or should I say quiche! Thank you soooo much..wow..I can hardly wait. Today I just went out and bought a "frittata pan" from Williams Sonoma, one I have been eye ballin for awhile..much better than spending the $$ of the wrong kind of food....I will be eggin it up...of course with the egg issue here, only eggs from the local Farmer's market. Thanks Demalove..

Michele

Thank you! Breakfast is so hard for me...never enough time, so this is such a good idea. I've also made some of the "Bites" from the EggFace recipe list which work out great for breakfast and also very easy and healthy for a snack when I feel the need.

• 3 months later...

So before I went to bed last night I made some quiches in a muffin pan. I made mine similar to the sausage one you have here. I just improvised with what I had in my fridge. I had fresh broccoli, ham, cheese and chives.. so I made a whole pan and before I left for work this morning, I threw one in the microwave before I left and had a yummy breakfast. I usually have a hard time with scrambled eggs but this way, I was able to chew it way better and enjoy every piece. Thank you doll!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I made a spinach quiche.. I used wheat tortilla to experiment, I cut one up in 4's and lined the bottom of the muffin pan, threw the mix on top and baked. The tortilla crisped up nicely. I have to remember next time to PAM the tray first :/ still, they were delicious.