Chinese soups ok?

Danana

This might be a stupid question but I have a huge thing for Chinese (egg drop/ wonton and hot and sour) soups but are they ok for the post-op full liquid phase? I take all the stuff out of them and just drink the broth but still, I just want to make sure before I keep on drinking them!

This might be a stupid question but I have a huge thing for Chinese (egg drop/ wonton and hot and sour) soups but are they ok for the post-op full liquid phase? I take all the stuff out of them and just drink the broth but still, I just want to make sure before I keep on drinking them!

a fellow bandster had told me these were okay as long as you just do the broth.

Hey! I am currently on day 9 of the post-op diet. My favorite soup is egg drop soup, so I ordered egg drop soup with no egg. It was so amazing!!! Tasted so good and I didn't have to strain anything!! Try that next time you order. Hope all is going well for you!!

Mark :D

If I am stressed almost anything can back up and boy does it hurt like the dickens!! I am a high school science teacher so stress is my middle name. There are times when yogurt and bananas have gotten stuck. I'm certainly not saying that getting stuck is good but it has helped me to realize that my stress level is high and it causes me to slow myself down and relax.

Rice seems to give me trouble as do the drier types of meat. As someone else said, hard boiled eggs are out unless I eat the white only. I give the yolk to my dog. I realize now, in a rather painful way, just how much gulping down of food I did. I can no longer do the quick bite between meetings nor can I pop that last big chunk of sandwich into my mouth.

I have five cats in addition to the dog and if they think I am eating something I should be sharing with them, they become really annoying. I realize now I used to just shove whatever it was into my mouth,give it a few chews and swallow well....not anymore!

I think what you can and can't eat is different for everyone and we will all figure it out by trial and error. Let me just say that when you feel that first little bit of discomfort, STOP. If you think you can eat through it trust me, you can't. Just sit still for a bit, relax, and allow it to work its way through. Then take itty bitty bites and chew, chew, chew.