Shopping for post-op

davies61307

My surgery is just over a week away and I'm trying to get ready for when I'm back at home. I'm making my grocery list for the first week and just wanted to see what others had liked while on the 'juice only' part of their post-op recovery? I spoke with Dr. Miranda last week and she suggested Apple and Cranberry Juice, which I love both of, but I wanted a few more flavors to choose from. Is there any juice I should stay clear of? Right now I can't drink any Crystal Light, the heartburn I get after is unbelievable, so those are off my list. Did anyone seem to have reflux or heartburn issues with certain juices? Also, how much juice should I be attempting to drink a day? Dr. Miranda also said they should be diluted, but didn't say how much?

I have week 2's soups taken care of after finding a plethora of them at Sprouts. They have no solids but tons of flavor (I tested them of course). I have drinkable yogurt on my list of "OK" foods for that week as well, but I'm not sure about pudding. It's not a solid but it's thicker than a drinkable yogurt. Anyone know if those are ok?

Week 3 is, I guess, a mix of weeks 1 and 2 but then some protein powder thrown into the mix? I was going to start making my own shakes at that point with frozen berries, fat free milk, and protein powder.

I want to do this right so any and all ideas or suggestions are welcomed.