I AM STARVING

Started my preop diet 4 days ago and I am hungry, grumpy and ready to eat anything at this point. I also have the shakes and feel weak overall. Is that psychological? I have done 2 shakes a day, two days I had grilled chicken and the other grilled salmon. The only cheat was a handful of unsalted nuts this afternoon to try and stave off the shakes so I could work. Helped some but not a lot. Thougths?

Started my preop diet 4 days ago and I am hungry, grumpy and ready to eat anything at this point. I also have the shakes and feel weak overall. Is that psychological? I have done 2 shakes a day, two days I had grilled chicken and the other grilled salmon. The only cheat was a handful of unsalted nuts this afternoon to try and stave off the shakes so I could work. Helped some but not a lot. Thougths?

Hey Deb! Try taking the Fiber Choice Weight Management tabs. I took 5 throughout the day during my preop diet and it really helped with hunger pangs. This brand has the highest content of fiber and also contains Chromium picolinate for fat burning. Check it out:

http://www.fiberchoice.com/Products_wm.aspx

Hope this helps!! You will do great!!!

Mark :D

any idea where I can buy them?

i hope this isn't received poorly but... just one gal's point of view:

two shakes and a lean cuisine sounded like a suicide mission to me when i read it! i opted to do atkins induction for my pre-op (its listed as option three) and dropped 12 lbs in two weeks, i believe... while still enjoying food.

starving is an awful feeling. sorry to hear you are having a rough time with it. the post op is a week of very little hunger, and then it comes abck and all you got is yogurt and soups and its tough. but we get thru, and then we start eatin' and droppin pounds! so keep your eye on the prize. it gets a little worse, then a whole lot better :D

Plus--You can always call Miranda and she always has idea's and tricks up her sleeve. Sometimes I think she will have you add a shake, or eat a snack mid day...Basically the pre op diet is for us to loose some fat around our livers before we get cut on...

Good luck and you will love the new you

:wub: Kim :wub:

I was just banded this Thursday. My pre-op diet was the 2 protein shakes and a <300 calorie lean cuisine. Most days I ended up consuming 500-600 calories. I felt like I was starving. Frankly I cheated. One day I had the two protein shakes and a mini teriyaki chicken-veggie bowl. On two other occasions I ate an extra lean cuisine. I know Dr. Miranda does allow you to have a green leafy salad with low cal dressing or a cup of veggie soup as well. Neither of those things appealed to me. I'm not endorsing what I did to anyone...I'm just telling you what I did to get through the pre-op diet for me. I also took two fiber tablets a day. I started the diet on September 9th. I lost 15 pounds. My surgery went well from what Dr. Ortiz told me. Another comment...I will not be cheating in any way, shape or form for this post-op diet. Knowing myself, I do not believe my failure to follow the preop diet to the letter bodes poorly for my chance of success with this lapband. I will not risk a future band slippage by engaging in activites that work against the gift of this band I have received.

I felt the same way during my pre-op diet. In fact, whenever I start a lower carb diet, my body almost goes into shock coming off carbs and sugars. I am a true carb/sugar addict and it feels like it when I remove them from my system but after about 5-7 days, I feel so much better getting them out. I feel so much energy without carbs in my system and after the initial shakes and weakness phase is over, the cravings really go down. Hang in there.