No No foods for Sleevers

I am a little worried with protein as I am a bit lactose intolerant and most shakes are not friendly to my system.

Are there any alternatives anyone recommends? I have even thought about putting whey protein in soup?

Also I have read many no no foods for bands, but are there are there foods that anyone has found difficult to digest? Thank you again for any assistance, this forum and the users has been extremely helpful.

I am a little worried with protein as I am a bit lactose intolerant and most shakes are not friendly to my system.

Are there any alternatives anyone recommends? I have even thought about putting whey protein in soup?

Also I have read many no no foods for bands, but are there are there foods that anyone has found difficult to digest? Thank you again for any assistance, this forum and the users has been extremely helpful.

I too am a bit lactose intolerant. For the shakes, I used HMR which has a lactose free version. You can get them online. I think Medifast also may have a lactose-free version, but I prefer HMR. HMR also has a chicken soup variety that is delicious as a change of pace from the shakes.

I had the sleeve surgery about 2 and a half months ago and I have not found any foods that are a no-no. With denser foods, such as chicken, I just have to be sure to eat very slowly and chew thoroughly. I've eaten bread, sticky rice (with sushi), and other foods I've heard people with lap bands have difficulty with and I've had no problems.

Dear sleevester73, If you are lactose intolerant you can buy lactose free milk. There are also tablets you can buy to take before consuming dairy products. You might have to cut them in half depending on their size and there are protein drinks you can buy already prepared. Does this help you at all? Donna08[drcatsx2@shaw.ca]

• 2 weeks later...