Let's be gentle with each other

petrafarmer

I have just recently been a regular visitor to the forums. I think this is a wonderful support tool however we need to remember that we are all different. The main reason we are here is to support each other in our weight loss journeys. We are not all going to approach those journeys in the same way.

Since I have been here I have noticed that sometimes people can give "snippy" answers to others. It almost comes across as "Well, this is what worked for me and if you don't do it this way there is something wrong with you!"

I have been down this road before, the weight loss one that is. I once lost 65 pounds on Nutri System and the feeling was great. I guess I was a little cocky back then too. It is also possible that I could be misreading the answers and inserting attitude where none was intended. If that is what happened I apologize.

I think our "job" here is to support each other, tell others what worked for us, and offer suggestions that may help. Everyone must make their own way through this and do what is right for them. So, the next time you want to shoot off a snippy comment, think of the person on the receiving end. What worked for you may not be right for them. Give the advice but lose the judgemental tone about it. We all have a big enough struggle going on without having to feel chastised by someone who may have gotten to the finish line before us.

I have just recently been a regular visitor to the forums. I think this is a wonderful support tool however we need to remember that we are all different. The main reason we are here is to support each other in our weight loss journeys. We are not all going to approach those journeys in the same way.

Since I have been here I have noticed that sometimes people can give "snippy" answers to others. It almost comes across as "Well, this is what worked for me and if you don't do it this way there is something wrong with you!"

I have been down this road before, the weight loss one that is. I once lost 65 pounds on Nutri System and the feeling was great. I guess I was a little cocky back then too. It is also possible that I could be misreading the answers and inserting attitude where none was intended. If that is what happened I apologize.

I think our "job" here is to support each other, tell others what worked for us, and offer suggestions that may help. Everyone must make their own way through this and do what is right for them. So, the next time you want to shoot off a snippy comment, think of the person on the receiving end. What worked for you may not be right for them. Give the advice but lose the judgemental tone about it. We all have a big enough struggle going on without having to feel chastised by someone who may have gotten to the finish line before us.

This is an awesome reminder, for all of us. Many thanks for the post

well said petra.. we dont want newbies to feel dicourage about asking for advice. This forum helps all of us connect because we all would like healthier lives. ( and thinner too) lol