Rash around incisions

davies61307

I was banded on October 1st and starting yesterday I noticed that the glue, or it might be the betadine not sure which one, has started causing a slight rash. I washed off as much of the betadine as I could but there is still some under the glue holding my incisions closed. I have VERY sensitive skin and wondered if anyone else had this issue and if they were able to use anything to help with the itching and the redness while still healing properly?

Other than the rash, I'm doing awesome. I've lost 2 lbs since my surgery and can't wait to lose more. I still feel hungry at times, but nothing so major that a glass of juice doesn't help with.

hi davies,

glad to hear your dong well on fluids. i have senitive skin to but luckily didnt react this time. maybe some benadryl liquid could help you with the nasty itch. also let the occ know maybe you could also use the benadryl cream around the areas. but not on the glued incisions. just keep an eye on the incisions for extream reddness (sign of infection). Hope it gets better soon

Thanks. I emailed Dr. Ortiz regarding the rash too. So far it looks like my incision is healing fine, just itches like CRAZY!!!! Do you know how long the glue stays on the skin and does it rub off or wash off on it's own?

The glue stayed on for over a week on my incisions. It was driving me crazy but finally started to come off slowly with each shower. I have sensitive skin as well it being keloid and as such I started using mederma a few days after the surgery. That helped with the itching.