Pre Op Testing

Hi, I am headed down for my band on November 15. I am curious, can anyone tell me what kind of pre-op testing/evaluations they do at OCC?

The Heart Doctor will do a EKG and look you over. Dr. Miranda will weigh you and see how well you have done with your pre op diet, then have a sit down and discuss your post op diet and what you should be eating after that. Then they'll take you into the surgery area and do some kind of blood work up, I can't tell what there looking for, you could call them and ask. Then Dr. Ortiz and or Dr. Martinez will talk to you about your choice with going with the band. The anesthetist will come in and talk to you about knocking you out for your surgery. LOL. Then its surgery time, then you'll wake up and wonder if you even had surgery, spend the night at the clinic, then your life changes. Welcome to the life as a bandster. Loose lots of weight and wish you had done this years ago. I LOVE MY BAND and I hope you will too.

• Like 1

That was also my experience. You get two little tablets to relax you a while before you go into the OR. I was so doppy, I remember walking into the OR but that's it....total darkness after that. Was still sleeping it off when Dr. Ortiz came to speak to my husband. BUMMER! Didn't get to meet him! It really is all so vague, you'll find yourself asking your companion to tell you over and over again what happened.

That was also my experience. You get two little tablets to relax you a while before you go into the OR. I was so doppy, I remember walking into the OR but that's it....total darkness after that. Was still sleeping it off when Dr. Ortiz came to speak to my husband. BUMMER! Didn't get to meet him! It really is all so vague, you'll find yourself asking your companion to tell you over and over again what happened.

Also my experience, I remember talking to the staff in the OR and then I was up and walking. No memory of talking to the dr after or actually not much memory of right before either. Thank you for companions.