December Surgery

I scheduled my surgery in the beginning of September, and since then have been IMPATIENTLY waiting for 12/20/10! I am so excited for the surgery I don't know what to do with myself, but at the same time I have sooooooo many questions. Sometimes I even wonder if I shouldn't go with the surgery and what people will think once it's done. For all of you who are already banded, tell me what made it WORTH IT to go through with the surgery? And when did you stop worrying about what other people would think? I just need some help to get my head back in the game! THANKS!!

I scheduled my surgery in the beginning of September, and since then have been IMPATIENTLY waiting for 12/20/10! I am so excited for the surgery I don't know what to do with myself, but at the same time I have sooooooo many questions. Sometimes I even wonder if I shouldn't go with the surgery and what people will think once it's done. For all of you who are already banded, tell me what made it WORTH IT to go through with the surgery? And when did you stop worrying about what other people would think? I just need some help to get my head back in the game! THANKS!!

I was banded in August this year. I had, as most of us, serious doubts and considered backing out of the surgery. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE WORSE MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!!! For me what made it worth it was my own self image. My blood pressure is back to normal, so is cholesterol, I feel so much more energy and it is so exciting to be back in the clothes I want to wear. Right from the beginning I told people what I was doing and that it was because I am a food addict. I was always able to diet for 30 to 45 days, lose 20 lbs then at the end of that time frame, i would cave and not only gain the weight I lost but more. I still am a food addict but I am in recovery. I know that I may always turn to food for comfort but my choices are changing and I now have more will power to override the mental needs. Hope this helps

Thank you "canuk98828"! That definitely does help, and I'm happy that once again i hear that it was the best decision you made to change your life. I guess it's just soooo nerve wracking!! But like I said I'm very very excited, and it helps to hear from others just like you!!!

Totally understand....I booked in June or July and couldn't have surgery until Oct cause I couldn't take off work until then. But a good thing is that gave me lots of time to research. I spent hours reading stuff online and going back through threads in here and I even got a notebook and took tons of notes. So by the time it was my turn I felt beyond confident and ready to rock!

Good luck!!!!

Hi!

Congrats to you for making the decision and committing to a surgery before the new year. I'm so excited for you. I can relate, trust me. I've often affirmed to myself that I absolutely would have made this decision again. I haven't regretted it for a moment.

Good luck to you.