sweeteners

Just wondering if anyone knows of a protein powder or drink that can be used pre and post op that doesn't contain sweeteners. I am getting banded on Nov. 16th and was using several protein drinks, jello, etc with sweeteners and ended up having a really severe allergic reaction.

Thought it was a bad stomach flu until the hives and swelling appeared. Doctor has advised me to stay clear of aspartame, saccharin, etc and try to stick to soup and juice for a few days as stomach is very inflamed. I will be contacting Dr. Miranda on Monday but in meantime, wondering if anyone has knowledge of a sweetener free protein drink. I am thinking there probably is but will mean a lot of carbs, calories, etc. Thanks.

Lisa

Just wondering if anyone knows of a protein powder or drink that can be used pre and post op that doesn't contain sweeteners. I am getting banded on Nov. 16th and was using several protein drinks, jello, etc with sweeteners and ended up having a really severe allergic reaction.

Thought it was a bad stomach flu until the hives and swelling appeared. Doctor has advised me to stay clear of aspartame, saccharin, etc and try to stick to soup and juice for a few days as stomach is very inflamed. I will be contacting Dr. Miranda on Monday but in meantime, wondering if anyone has knowledge of a sweetener free protein drink. I am thinking there probably is but will mean a lot of carbs, calories, etc. Thanks.

Lisa

Reading the label on the EAS Soy Protein, the only "sugar" it lists is Fructose. I purchased it at Wal mart

I can't do the fake sweetners - try going to trader joe's or a natural store and find a protein shake that contains real sugar. My doctor calls the swirl on the fake sugars the death swirl. Since I've changed my diet to only "real" food, no lowfat or fake stuff I feel so much better and its easier for me to maintain my weight.