Pre-Op Tests

I know that before the band surgery, OCC will be doing Pre-Op tests. Can anyone tell me what they are, and what can keep me from getting banded next month?

I think they did a CBC and check for your hemoglobin. They also do respiratory test where you have to blow into a machine. If you don't pass it they will give you a breathing treatment before and after surgery. .

Why don't you go to your family practice doctor and get a complete blood work up just to make sure all is OK.. I had this done two weeks before my surgery and brought back the results to the OCC but they still wanted to do their own testing.

Part of the CBC will be to check your glucose readings. Especially important if you're diabetic. Then based on the results, you may or may not receive an insulin injection. I thought the pre-op was very good. Hope this helps!

Thank you all for your replies. I have had too much time to think, so now I'm moving on to "What can keep me from having my surgery?"

BUT, from you responses, it sounds like all is going to go great. I'm just so anxious. A little more than a month left.

Thank you all for your replies. I have had too much time to think, so now I'm moving on to "What can keep me from having my surgery?"

BUT, from you responses, it sounds like all is going to go great. I'm just so anxious. A little more than a month left.

Hang in there.... It is normal to be anxious... This month will go fast...

Best wishes,

Sherri

I was the same way!

But it turned out to be a lot simpler than I had expected.

So don't worry about a thing :)