All of a Sudden getting Heart Burn

Pippabella

Hi, I need some advice please. I had my lapband done on 12/21/09, my last fill was in May 2010 (4th one), I am at 8cc's. Everything was going good, food going down.. Learning to chew well and take small bites, have been a challenge for me. NOW, all of a sudden, within the last two weeks.. everything gets stuck. Even drinking is bothersome.. I can swallow, no problem, it just goes down slow..

But it feels as if the area around my bad is sore (at my stomach). Now, last night and tonight I am getting heartburn..

Does anyone know what could be going on???

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated..

I was thinking of going on a 3 day liquid diet to give my band a break and see if that does anything to help.

Pina

Sounds like you might be a little too tight. I started having the same symptoms and then I would wake up in the middle of the night choking on liquid that came back up. Call Dr. So and he can tell you what you need to do. They are great at answering questions.

• 1 month later...

It is most likely that your band is too tight. However, it could be several issues. I agree with the last post. Call Dr. So immediately. He will tell you what to do. He will likely want you to come in for an evaluation. I had to do that a couple of times and never regretted it. Good luck and please don't wait. I know a lady that waited and her band slipped and she ended up very sick and had to get an emergency surgery.

• 6 months later...

It is most likely that your band is too tight. However, it could be several issues. I agree with the last post. Call Dr. So immediately. He will tell you what to do. He will likely want you to come in for an evaluation. I had to do that a couple of times and never regretted it. Good luck and please don't wait. I know a lady that waited and her band slipped and she ended up very sick and had to get an emergency surgery.

how do you know if it has slipped? I have the heart burn some too, some days i can eat anything, some days I can't eat anything...