Newbie asking questions

Hi. I've been reading posts for a while now and find most of them helpful. I had my band done June 22, and just had my third adjustment. I now have 2.5 cc. I was clueless about the significance of the amount, but I see some have much more than I do, so now I have to ask if more is something to strive for, or do some people do OK on smaller amounts like mine.

About the term PBing -- What's that? It's usually mentioned along with sliming, which I understand all too well. I've taken to keeping an empty 7-11 coffee cup in my car in case of a sudden need to spit up because I learned the hard way that a paper bag or wad of tissue isn't always enough. It seems that as long as I am prepared, I don't need it, but better to have and not need than need and not have, right?

About the port -- I've lost 40 pounds and now the thing is a noticeable bump, to me anyway. How have others handled this? My doctor says there is a lower-profile port available, but does not want to do additional surgery until I am closer to my goal. I am now 250 and according to the height and body frame charts I "should" be 155.

About skin -- so far, there's not too much loose skin, but I do have my nightmares! I am blessed with good skin tone, but at age 55, there's only so much elasticity left. Does anyone have any advice or encouragement on this?

About eating in public -- how do you handle going out with friends and family when all you can eat is a bite or two? At this point, it doesn't make sense for me to even order an entree, but I don't want to stay home either. We do other things, but I don't want to go home right after, say, bowling, when the night will continue for everyone else.

If you got this far, thanks for reading. I wish you great success in your journey. I know if you, too, are using the band for weight loss, you didn't make that choice lightly!

"About eating in public -- how do you handle going out with friends and family when all you can eat is a bite or two? At this point, it doesn't make sense for me to even order an entree, but I don't want to stay home either. We do other things, but I don't want to go home right after, say, bowling, when the night will continue for everyone else."

One thing you could try is letting them know that you won't be eating much, but that you would love to go for the company. The less said the better.