October Surgery..Anybody else around????

Hi All, I had my surgery October 14/15 and was looking to see if anyone was around that was there at the same time. I just got my first fill (5.5) on December 3 and their was a few people there that I remember. I just would like to see how everyone was doing? Give updates please.

I haven't done too well as far as losing weight. I'm only down about 8lbs since surgery, but my first fill was fantastic. I have great restriction!

Kari

Hi All, I had my surgery October 14/15 and was looking to see if anyone was around that was there at the same time. I just got my first fill (5.5) on December 3 and their was a few people there that I remember. I just would like to see how everyone was doing? Give updates please.

I haven't done too well as far as losing weight. I'm only down about 8lbs since surgery, but my first fill was fantastic. I have great restriction!

Kari

Hi, My surgery was Oct 12th. Just me and a man having surgery that day; didn't get to talk to him though. I haven't had a fill yet and am planning to head back down to the OCC in January. I've lost 34 pounds but that's comprised of 19 before the surgery and the rest during the 21 days after surgery. I haven't lost an ounce since going back on food. Keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds! Struggling with pain in my left shoulder and under the rib cage and discomfort in the middle of my chest. Feels a lot like the post op gas experience...horrible. Looked it up on the web and I guess it's not uncommon and has something to do with an irritation of the esophogus; hurts like heck and takes the fun out of having a lapband! I'm sure you will do really well with your fill. Did you go back to the OCC?

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delay in posting a response. Yes, I went back to OCC (I live about 2 hours away). Well, when I said I had good restriction.....that only lasted about a week. Argh! So frustrating! I just went and had my 2nd fill and It feels better. It's been 4 weeks and I'm still feeling what I think is restriction, but I haven't lost any further. It's quite confusing to feel like you are eating less, but the scale still stays the same. I guess it's better than gaining :)

Hi, My surgery was Oct 12th. Just me and a man having surgery that day; didn't get to talk to him though. I haven't had a fill yet and am planning to head back down to the OCC in January. I've lost 34 pounds but that's comprised of 19 before the surgery and the rest during the 21 days after surgery. I haven't lost an ounce since going back on food. Keep gaining and losing the same 3 pounds! Struggling with pain in my left shoulder and under the rib cage and discomfort in the middle of my chest. Feels a lot like the post op gas experience...horrible. Looked it up on the web and I guess it's not uncommon and has something to do with an irritation of the esophogus; hurts like heck and takes the fun out of having a lapband! I'm sure you will do really well with your fill. Did you go back to the OCC?