Help

I had my lapband surgery on Aug 3, my surgery weight was 210. I lost 10 pounds on the 21 day diet post surgery, but have gained all that weight back since I have been on solid food. I have I believe 8cc in my band and have no restriction. The only thing I cant eat is bread I get a sharp pain in my chest. Other wise I seem to be gaining weight. I called the Dr and he said to get another 3cc, and wouldnt that fill the band completley? And what if that doent work? I am usinf flouro, and the barium swallow. I'm really dissapointed because I've spent atleast another thousand on just fills/barium and still have no sign that it's going to work or will work. How long did it take everybody before they started to notice results, is it normal to have the band completly full for it to work?. I do eat right and work out.

Nicole

09-14-2010 5cc

11-12-2010 3cc

Next Fill

12-14-2010

I had my lapband surgery on Aug 3, my surgery weight was 210. I lost 10 pounds on the 21 day diet post surgery, but have gained all that weight back since I have been on solid food. I have I believe 8cc in my band and have no restriction. The only thing I cant eat is bread I get a sharp pain in my chest. Other wise I seem to be gaining weight. I called the Dr and he said to get another 3cc, and wouldnt that fill the band completley? And what if that doent work? I am usinf flouro, and the barium swallow. I'm really dissapointed because I've spent atleast another thousand on just fills/barium and still have no sign that it's going to work or will work. How long did it take everybody before they started to notice results, is it normal to have the band completly full for it to work?. I do eat right and work out.

Nicole

09-14-2010 5cc

11-12-2010 3cc

Next Fill

12-14-2010

Nicole,

I feel for you.

I gain weight when I do not eat my protein first and then vegetables. I don't like meat so I have to MAKE myself eat it... I went to Costco and stocked up on Fish and Chicken and try to eat the size of 1/2 my palm.. That is what Dr So told me to do when I was gaining weight.

I love carbs and sweets and they go down just fine with my band... ...When I force myself to go to the gym 5 times a week I loose weight faster too.

Hang in there..

Sherri

Nicole

09-14-2010 5cc

11-12-2010 3cc

Next Fill

12-14-2010

I had my surgery in july, have had 3 fills, am at 8cc in 11cc band. NO restriction, have gained the 17 lbs back that I had not lost. I hear that in an 11 cc band it is usually about 8.5 cc full when you start to feel restriction. But then who knows, some people dont need that many etc. So I get my next fill 1 3 11, crossing my fingers. I am not making exercising. I wanted to be down 40 lbs by now an not embarrassed to get my fat butt into work out gear and working out. I am doing a disservice to myself. I need to get it into gear and am the only one to blame for my lack of weight loss. I will get it together soon

I didn't lose weight for a while after the 21 days... I gained 5 back from the 10 I had lost on the 21 days, but that was my fault. I wasn't eating healthy or exercising. Don't depend on the band to melt the fat, you have to work on it. Exercise and watch your food intake. Journal to help you keep track of your food. and WORK OUT WORK OUT...

I lost during the liquid phase, didn't gain back and then nothing till I got to the gym. I had to wait until the Doc cleared me to go back and get on a routine. Through the months, I found that if I didn't workout, I didn't lose. I wanted to lose so as soon as I got below 200, I hired a personal trainer at the gym and saw him 2x a month & he kept me on a muscle confusion program. Best money I have ever spent. Even my Husband was skeptical until he saw that I was at my heaviest @ 238 on 4/24/09 and @ 161 in October 09. I was sick a few times and wasn't at the gym, I didn't lose either.

Some people can lose weight without exercise, actually my mom had her lap-band done this year in April and with fills and without exercise, she has been able to lose over 100 pounds. Heck, even from the same gene pool, I couldn't lose without working out. It just goes to show, that everyone is different.

Water is also important and so is eating right (proteins first then veggies, I still keep to that).

Good Luck. :)