Too Full

I had my surgery 9-17-10. Yesterday I got a fill and am still having problems but am not sure if my band is still too full or not. I had to go back and have 1.5 ccs taken out because I couldn't swallow my spit or any liquid. I was throwing up all this weird foamy stuff. Even after getting the 1.5 out I still feel a lot of chest pain and have been scared to do anything except drink liquids. Occasionally I am still throwing up a little bit of foamy stuff and my chest feels better as soon as I throw up. Do I need to have more taken out? How dow I know if it is too full? I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has been through something like this.

Thanks for your input. It has now been a week since my fill. I stayed on liquids for 5 days to let everything settle down. If I try to eat solids now I can only keep 3 or 4 small bites down (unless I wash them down with hot liquids). I will probably just give it a couple more days and then maybe have a small unfill.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your input. It has now been a week since my fill. I stayed on liquids for 5 days to let everything settle down. If I try to eat solids now I can only keep 3 or 4 small bites down (unless I wash them down with hot liquids). I will probably just give it a couple more days and then maybe have a small unfill.

bandster rule: No drinking liquids when eating.

You will create a "washing machine type" issue with your pouch. Not only can it contribute to turning your pouch into the size of an Apple (at which point they will totally unfill you), but you want to be able to learn your ability to eat bite-sized pieces. tiny bites and small portions.