Surviving the Post-op Liquid Diet

:rolleyes:

I want to share some of the things that I've figured out during this two weeks of eating liquids only.

First of all get a Magic Bullet! You've probably seen them on an Infomercial. It makes pureeing soups so easy. The blending containers are microwave safe and can be your dish for blending, heating and eating. They come with lids so you can also store in the same container. You can order it at Amazon or on the official website http://www.buythebullet.com/ or get it at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $50. (The one on the official website is $99 and has a lot more than what I got at BB&B.) One of the great things about the Bullet is that I can make very small portions and still get them sufficiently pureed. Something I was not able to do with the standard blender.

It also makes a great sorbet from frozen fruit you can buy at the grocery store...a few frozen strawberries and a few Tbs of juice...all fruit, no fat and YUMMY! It also makes great fruit smoothies with a scoop of protien powder, fruit, yogurt and juice...then you can store it for later too. A scoop of chocolate protein powder, nonfat milk and a few ice cubes in the bullet and you have a delicious milk shake!

It will surely be just as useful during the mushy food stage as it has been in the liquid.

I quickly got tired of the Campbell and Progresso soup choices and found some really good soups at Trader Joe's. The Creamy Corn and Red Pepper (already pureed) is great and so are the Sweet Potato Bisque, and Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper. TJs also has small single serving size drinkable yogurts that are great for on the go.

Stay away from a pureed Clam Chowder....uck! Too fishy when pureed...was like fish paste!

Counting down, only 6 days to go on liquids only!

I'd love to hear from others about what they've done to make the post-op diet work for them.

weight.png