Prescription medications postop

Momandkid

Hi! Do any of you take prescription medications? Are you able to take them postop? Any problems?

I also take various natural food supplements? Any problem taking them?

If I took my medications with 1/4 cup water, my stomach would be full.

How long does the "full" last?

Thanks

I had to switch to medications that are chewable or the new medications that dissolve when you put them in your mouth. I had my pharmacy call my Doctor and and they were able to change the prescription

I too am very concerned about post op meds. i suffer from depression and all the meds i take can not be crushed , broken, etc. The surgeon stated he would speak with me when i got to the clinic. but i wondered if anyone else is in the boat? i am scheduled to have lapband surgery on jan 6th

I have a friend who takes anti depressants and she has never had a problem. I have heard from others that they have had problems with large suppliments getting stuck. When I was having problems, Dr. Ortiz questioned whether I was taking suppliments. The good thing is that lots of suppliments can me changed from pill form to power, liquid or some other form. I get meds in either liquid, sublingual or another form. It costs more because insurance doesn't want to pay for the extra cost. You don't have to wait to get there to get questions answered. Dr. Ortiz offerred to talk with my friend and I and her husband to answer any questions before we even set our surgery date.