Plication and adhesians

bludogwa

I had gotten my band at OCC in July of 2009 and had abdominal and esophogal issues since. My gallbladder was removed in Jan of 2010, which did help with some of the abdominal pain. Had the band removed at OCC on Dec 30, 2010. Was informed by the doctors that they had never seen such hard adhesians wrap completely around the band like I had. Dr. So said that the adhesians did creep up towards the esophogus, which, I'm assuming, may be why I was having constant acid in my esohogus when a ph Probe was done. I was informed that they cut out the scar tissue. I am hoping that with time, my esophogus muscle will return to normal functioning. So, here's my questions:

1. I am considering trying the gastric plication but am wondering if it would likely result in excess scar tissue that could again cause abdominal, stomach and esophogeal problems.

2. If my esophogus does not return to normal functioning and I need a fundo plication, can a gastric plication also be done?

3. What is the likelyhood that adhesians will form back where they were scraped away? How will I know if they do? What should I do about it at that time?

Thank you for your help. I have been in contact with Dr. Ortiz, Dr. Martinez and Dr. So on numerous occasions around my issues and they have all been very generous with their time, patient with their explanations, and heartfelt with their concerns. I am grateful for all they have tried to do for me, even if I end up being someone for whom surgery is not the answer.

Guest lena9800

Hello,I had the plication on Oct. 18 with the OCC, till this day i have no problems with it my only Regret is that i have spend all this money and i only lost 18 pounds :(

Lena9800

I'm so very sorry for your limited loss. Have you been back or called and discussed it with the doctors? I can tell you that they have spent tons of time answering my questions and trying to help me find success.

Good luck!

Hello,I had the plication on Oct. 18 with the OCC, till this day i have no problems with it my only Regret is that i have spend all this money and i only lost 18 pounds :(

18 lbs? That is fabulous! considering you are only allowed liquids for 10-14 days, that puts you at the first week of November. 18 lbs in 8 weeks my dear is a very tidy sum. Do not cut yourself short. You could be 18 lbs heavier. Congrats.

I am still trying to grapple with the whole 'lesion' thing. How did this all start? I hope you are okay and healing well. For you to now consider Plication just goes to show you how badly we all want to live healthy lives without food being our crutch.

xoxo