Fill Dr. in Columbus OH

Hi all

I haven't been around in ages, it's been crazy as I've moved 2700 miles from Vancouver CA to Columbus OH to start grad school. I really need a fill under fluoro and the closest Fill Center USA is in Cincinnati 2 hours away. Does anyone know of a really good fill Dr. in or around Columbus? Or do you have any experience with the fill center in Cincinnati. I've had some bad fills in the past and I don't want to repeat that mistake, but as a grad student I'm trying to avoid the cost of flying to the OCC.

Thanks in advance for your help.

cheers

Louise

Hi all

I haven't been around in ages, it's been crazy as I've moved 2700 miles from Vancouver CA to Columbus OH to start grad school. I really need a fill under fluoro and the closest Fill Center USA is in Cincinnati 2 hours away. Does anyone know of a really good fill Dr. in or around Columbus? Or do you have any experience with the fill center in Cincinnati. I've had some bad fills in the past and I don't want to repeat that mistake, but as a grad student I'm trying to avoid the cost of flying to the OCC.

cheers

Louise

Hi Louise, I can't help you will a fill doctor in Ohio, but was wondering if you know of one in Vancouver who uses fluoro? Thanks for your help; all the best with grad school.

Sorry, no I don't know of anyone in Vancouver who uses fluoro. The closest is in Mariesville in WA. I was seeing Dr. Arseneau at St. Paul's for my fills but blind fills didn't work for me. I ended up in a pattern of being too fill then not full enough and ended up almost slipping my band last spring. I finally flew down to San Diego to go to the OCC. If you look into Allegiant you can get really good deals from Bellingham and then stay in a hotel in Chula Vista (between san Diego and the border) where you can take the trolley right to the border and then a $5 cab to OCC. Total cost of hotel, airfare and the fill can be under $300 if you plan it right so I would look into it if I were you. My fill experience at the OCC was so much better even though I thought Dr. Arseneau was fantastic.

Sorry, no I don't know of anyone in Vancouver who uses fluoro. The closest is in Mariesville in WA. I was seeing Dr. Arseneau at St. Paul's for my fills but blind fills didn't work for me. I ended up in a pattern of being too fill then not full enough and ended up almost slipping my band last spring. I finally flew down to San Diego to go to the OCC. If you look into Allegiant you can get really good deals from Bellingham and then stay in a hotel in Chula Vista (between san Diego and the border) where you can take the trolley right to the border and then a $5 cab to OCC. Total cost of hotel, airfare and the fill can be under $300 if you plan it right so I would look into it if I were you. My fill experience at the OCC was so much better even though I thought Dr. Arseneau was fantastic.

Thank you for the fabulous suggestions. I've never heard of Allegiant before but looked them up; a return to San Diego for two people is less than $300 including taxes. Amazing!!! Don't know where Mariesville is in WA, but will do some research. Do you recall the doctor's name in Mariesville? I have heard about Arseneau, but I know I really want the fill done with fluoro so will continue to puruse that route. Sure sorry to hear about your fill problems and hope the OCC fill is doing well for you. When you cross the border, returning to San Diego, can the taxi drop you at the immigration building or do you have to join the long line of people walking across. We were in the OCC van going back to SD and I was completely blown away by the numbers of people in the line up and the length of it. It was seriously miles and miles long. Thanks again for all your very helpful advice. Greatly appreciated!

Thank you for the fabulous suggestions. I've never heard of Allegiant before but looked them up; a return to San Diego for two people is less than $300 including taxes. Amazing!!! Don't know where Mariesville is in WA, but will do some research. Do you recall the doctor's name in Mariesville? I have heard about Arseneau, but I know I really want the fill done with fluoro so will continue to puruse that route. Sure sorry to hear about your fill problems and hope the OCC fill is doing well for you. When you cross the border, returning to San Diego, can the taxi drop you at the immigration building or do you have to join the long line of people walking across. We were in the OCC van going back to SD and I was completely blown away by the numbers of people in the line up and the length of it. It was seriously miles and miles long. Thanks again for all your very helpful advice. Greatly appreciated!

If you are talking about Marysville Wa, the center is: http://www.nwfills.com/ I know that they do also travel to Tacoma Wa once a week to do fills.

Hi, The link in another response is the right one for the fill center in Marysville. The gals who run it are a couple of nurses rather than Drs. They were really nice, but my problem with tightness originated with a fill from them when Dr. Arseneau was off and then the cycle of too tight/not tight enough commenced :( I have heard good things about them from others though.

The Taxi drops you off at the border and you have to wait with the rest of the group who are walking across the border. There is no quicker way to do it but the border officials are extremely efficient. I've waited in the line when it was extremely backed up (all the way past all the shops) and it took less than an hour. Waiting in a van would have been much worse. If you've tried to cross at the Peace Arch recently you know that border line-ups are just a fact of life. The other border crossing is quicker but there isn't a trolley close to it so in the end it isn't worth the small savings in time

FYI the hotel in Chula vista can be as little as $35 a night (I think the hotel is the Good Night Inn but check expedia for the best rate), and you can get there from the airport by bus and then trolley. A day pass for the whole transit area of SD is only $5 so well worth it. If you can afford the time, it in my opinion it is well worth the trip back to the OCC.

Louise

Hi all

cheers

Louise

I have a friend who wants to have the surgery done. Are there a lot of fill providers in Vancouver will to see patients in Ontario???

Hi all

cheers

Louise