Questions About GSP

Ok...there is sooo much info and questions that arise reading all the posts here. I read here today that there are posters up at the OCC stating that the gastric plication is not reversible! Can anyone verify that? In all the info I have researched ....everything stated that it was that was one of the main reasons I chose this procedure. Now I don"t know what to think.

Also does or has anyone travelling post procedure wondered about the possibility of Deep Vein Thrombosis or Pulmonary embolus? Is this a concern to anyone travelling by plane back home?

Hi Lindsay, thanks for the reply. I am in the process of setting up a phone consult. As I had mentioned above, because of the research online that I have been doing pretty steadily, I keep coming up with conflicting info. I realize that it is a fairly new procedure and data is still being compiled. Hopefully, I will be reassured following the phone consult.

As far as talking to the staff? I'm a little baffled that you thought they I had?!?!?!?!

I am just trying to get as much info as I can so that I am making an informed decision. Thanks again for the reply and hope to hear from you soon.

this is completely un-true! it does NOT say the plication is not reversable... They give information about the plication and Dr. Ortiz still says this is a reversable surgery. If anybody wants a picture of this from our lobby, just let me know!!

THANK YOU so much for clarifiying that the gastric plication is indeed "REVERSIBLE"!!!!!

I was so happy to learn of this procedure ....I think it is a perfect solution to my needs at this point in time. I admit the thought of surgery is very scary but the alternative to continued weight gain is even scarier! Thanks again for the support and encouragement!!!!

They give you heparin (an anticoagulant) which reduces risk of DVT & PE and they also put stockings on you which also reduce the risk. This is something you should ask them about though... these medical questions should not be answered by people who are not medical professionals. I am a pharmacist who works in anticoagulation management, but I would still suggest you discuss any medical concerns with the physicians.