Feeling Very Tired

I have started the pre op diet option #2 a week ago today. I have contacted Dr. Miranda today to see if she can maybe answer for me why I am feeling so tired!!!

Has anyone ever experienced this while on the diet? I thought it would pass but by mid afternoon I feel like I could crawl into the corner for a long winter's nap!!!

Any suggestions?

I am not diabetic or have any comorbidities that I know of .... would really like to have more energy!!!!

I have started the pre op diet option #2 a week ago today. I have contacted Dr. Miranda today to see if she can maybe answer for me why I am feeling so tired!!!

Has anyone ever experienced this while on the diet? I thought it would pass but by mid afternoon I feel like I could crawl into the corner for a long winter's nap!!!

Any suggestions?

I am not diabetic or have any comorbidities that I know of .... would really like to have more energy!!!!

Hang in there. I was tired too. Make sure when get enough protein when you are on your liquid diet.. You can have protein shakes and Greek yogurt as soon as Dr Miranda says it is OK.. There is a light muscle milk that has 20 gms protein and 150 calories at Costco. They also have a chocolate shake at Costco with I 24 gms of protein and 140 calories.

Even though you are tired try to get in 30 minutes of exercise every day. It will help you have a bit more energy. When you are on liquids your calorie intake can be as low as 500-800 calories a day . I bet that is why you are so tired. I ordered a few cookbooks from Amazon.com that were for Lap Band Patients. It gave me some new ideas for foods that I could make.

If you like split pea soup here is a recipe... Add split peas, carrots, onion, celery, and potato. I used chicken broth and cooked it all day in a crock pot. You can then mash it with a potato masher until it is soft. Hope this helps..... As soon as you get on a regular diet you will have more energy..

Any suggestions?

Hang in there. I was tired too. Make sure when get enough protein when you are on your liquid diet.. You can have protein shakes and Greek yogurt as soon as Dr Miranda says it is OK.. There is a light muscle milk that has 20 gms protein and 150 calories at Costco. They also have a chocolate shake at Costco with I 24 gms of protein and 140 calories.

Even though you are tired try to get in 30 minutes of exercise every day. It will help you have a bit more energy. When you are on liquids your calorie intake can be as low as 500-800 calories a day . I bet that is why you are so tired. I ordered a few cookbooks from Amazon.com that were for Lap Band Patients. It gave me some new ideas for foods that I could make.

If you like split pea soup here is a recipe... Add split peas, carrots, onion, celery, and potato. I used chicken broth and cooked it all day in a crock pot. You can then mash it with a potato masher until it is soft. Hope this helps..... As soon as you get on a regular diet you will have more energy..

Thanks Sherri!Today I made the decision to really stick to it .... no matter what! It's really funny how your mind goes too when you are going through this. I have been questioning myself about things like ,"Maybe I do have diabetes" or "there must be something wrong with me, I don't know what but there has to be!". Then my next thought was ,"What if it is my blood pressure and it will be too high for them to do surgery???!!!" I feel sometimes like I am driving myself crazy.

My gastric plication surgery is scheduled for early February. Tomorrow marks the three week deadline. My starting weight was 247 and I have lost only 7 lbs since Jan.3 :( I need to lose at least another 6 lbs or more yet!!!! I feel so crappy though.

I am taking solace in the fact that this pre-op thing will be over soon. I see my family dr on Thursday to tell him what I am scheduled to do. Let's hope I have the energy to make him understand this is the right thing for me and to ask him if he will work with Dr. Ortiz in a followup plan in case I need it.

Thanks again Sherri for the support. It was comforting to know someone else was experiencing the same, although I am sorry that you had to go through similar feelings too.

• 2 weeks later...