One year down and no loss

I got my band on Dec 22 2009. As of my one year anniversary, I still hadn't lost anything and am trying to really look deep and figure out why I am failing at this.

I started logging at Livestrong. I typically consume less than 1000 calories per day. I know I have grown careless with some of my eating - I had a calzone on Thursday and pizza over the weekend. But my overall calories are still low which means I should lose weight right?

I do focus mostly on protein. And avoid carbs. I decided that starting tomorrow I will start focusing more on fat.

It's really rough weighing in week after week with no change. There have even been times over the past year that I have gained weight because I got so discouraged and started junking again.

I've also made more deliberate exercise since my one year anniversary. This week I played racquetball twice, skated twice, and did the elliptical at my apt gym once. In addition to those, I've gradually developed a habit of push-ups with my son every night, but I still have to keep my knees on the ground (feet locked and elevated for more resistance). I do 4-5 sets of 10.

I get advice from all over. I eat too little. I need to be more consistent with my calorie intake. My body thinks it's starving and it holds on to its fat. If these are true then why did I get the surgery? I got it to eat less and eating less is not making me lose weight.

I talked to my nutritionist. She had me add some supplements and I've taken them every day since Dec.

Anyway, here's my profile with my log. http://www.livestrong.com/profile/vjosie/ Maybe someone has some more advice. I planned out a menu that I know I can work with in my job. I entered all of it for tomorrow and we'll see what happens. Although my nutritionist said not to do cereal/oatmeal, I think it just might work more in my favor.

7am: protein shake made with one scoop whey protein (no sugar), 1/2 c frozen blueberries, 4 cubes diced mango, and 1 c sugar-free almond milk.

9am: Activia light vanilla yogurt

11am: 1 c Trader Joe's turkey chili

2pm: 1 packet weight control oatmeal

6 or 7 pm: 4oz grilled chicken breast, maybe with salad greens

post workout, only on days I work out hard for 40+ minutes, I'll have some lightly frosted shredded wheat

All in all, here are my totals:

Cals 976

Fat 12 g

Cholesterol 153 mg

Sodium 1284 mg

Carbs 137 g

Fiber 25 g

Protein 83 g

Sugars 48 g

What do you think of my new plan? How does it compare to your successful meal plans?

Thanks in advance for your support and assistance,

Josie

IMHO, you're eating not nearly enough whole foods.

Almost everything you're listing is prepackaged, pre-made ...

I'd definitely focus on HIGH protein, for your energy source; not carbohydrates.

And nothing pre-packaged.

You'd be shocked at the amounts of nitrates you're consuming in a day. Very scary.

I had a quick look at your food choices, and taking out little things like mango first thing in the morning will make a difference.

Too high in sugar, and not needed for AM. But really, that's really getting into details, and I could do that for everything I see listed. Go with he basics for now...

Without knowing your current bodyfat & weight, nor height, I would keep these #'s in mind and to aim for:

your protein should be at least 150g/day

Fats <90g/day

Sodium <900g/day <<I just a few days were you're in the 3-4k's

Hope this helps a bit.

But i think if you really clean up your food choices, you'll see some changes.

Also, your workouts.

Explain.