Weight Training with Lap Band

I am down 52 lbs since my banding in September. I have been doing cardio, but want to implement weights into my routine. Are there any exercises I should avoid with the band? I didn't want to upset my port with certain weight training. Let me know your experiences. Thanks!!!

Mark :D

I am down 52 lbs since my banding in September. I have been doing cardio, but want to implement weights into my routine. Are there any exercises I should avoid with the band? I didn't want to upset my port with certain weight training. Let me know your experiences. Thanks!!!

Mark :D

I don't have any input into your question, although I think I will actually benefit from you asking once someone with knowledge responds. But what I did want to say is, MAJOR CONGRATS on the journey thus far.

anything/everything is just fine! :)

(speaking from personal experience!)

I do feel some discomfort with specific core exercises, when my ribs rub against my port .. but I just don't do what bothers it!

Lindsay, You are so skinny now... Does your port stick out of your stomach where you can see it now?

Lindsay, You are so skinny now... Does your port stick out of your stomach where you can see it now?

Yes :)

It does stick out. And yes, the majority of the time you can see it .. but apparently it looks like one of my abs.

.. otherwise, it's just a bump, that I'm proud of.

I never thought I'd get this size.

So I don't care :)

Yes :)

It does stick out. And yes, the majority of the time you can see it .. but apparently it looks like one of my abs.

.. otherwise, it's just a bump, that I'm proud of.

I never thought I'd get this size.

So I don't care :)

You should be proud.. You look great....