New here

I was just banded in TJ last week, and am looking for some support and help when I have questions online. My best friend had it done in July and her surgery went much smoother than mine, but I am okay. I will need to find a fill Dr. In Salt Lake City or I'll just have to make the trips to TJ until I find one here.

Right now I am mostly struggling with the pain in my shoulder that comes and goes and seems to be worse at night, but that could be because I am trying to sleep and more aware.

Besides this forum, what are some other good places for post-op information and support? How do I begin finding a local doctor to do fills?

I was just banded in TJ last week, and am looking for some support and help when I have questions online. My best friend had it done in July and her surgery went much smoother than mine, but I am okay. I will need to find a fill Dr. In Salt Lake City or I'll just have to make the trips to TJ until I find one here.

Right now I am mostly struggling with the pain in my shoulder that comes and goes and seems to be worse at night, but that could be because I am trying to sleep and more aware.

Besides this forum, what are some other good places for post-op information and support? How do I begin finding a local doctor to do fills?

im neebee also i get banded wed,, you will like the people here they have been wonderful to me. i personally dont have answers yet, but id like to welcome you here,,

GOD BLESS

kay :-h

Hi Newly Banded,

I was banded on 7/26/2006 and yes I remember the shoulder pain. It was mostly irrritating because it was a new pain I'd never felt before. I guess it's the gas from the surgery that creeps up to that location. Mine came and went but didn't stay longer than a month. When it was gone, it was like it never happened.

I'd rub my shoulder, which seemed to make it feel better. Maybe you have someone who can rub it for you. I found that to be very relaxing when my husband helped. A warm bath always feels good too.

><'

Michele

Hi Newly Banded,

I was banded on 7/26/2006 and yes I remember the shoulder pain. It was mostly irrritating because it was a new pain I'd never felt before. I guess it's the gas from the surgery that creeps up to that location. Mine came and went but didn't stay longer than a month. When it was gone, it was like it never happened.

I'd rub my shoulder, which seemed to make it feel better. Maybe you have someone who can rub it for you. I found that to be very relaxing when my husband helped. A warm bath always feels good too.

><'

Michele

I was also banded on Nov. 30 in TJ by Dr. Ortiz. I can't believe how good I feel. I flew back to Florida on Saturday and was back at work ready to go today (Monday). The clear liquids haven't been a problem so far, I'm not hungry and my energy level is really good. I am looking forward to finally having control over my weight.

The gas pain in the shoulder bothered me for a month also. In fact, I was starting to think I would just have to live with it, but when I read your post I realized that it had been gone for quite a while. I haven't thought about that in quite a while.

Before I had surgery, I spent some time researching the band. Obesityhelp.com, and lapband.com had a lot of recommendation for local surgeons. Dr. Ortiz also has a list of doctors who might be able to help with aftercare. There are several local people I could go to, but I chose to have my first fill with Dr. Ortiz' office.

Good luck with the band. It is exciting.

Becki

• 3 weeks later...

I can't give you much post-op advice but I hope that you could give me some pre-op thoughts (lap band set for 3/07.) I am in the medical field so the medical justifications are easy to comprehend, however we use food as a crutch(love.depression,anger,joy) etc. The procedure doesn't take care of that. That's why I'm waiting till March so I may really consider my personal reasons for overeating and try to make positive changes. How has it been going for you