Help can still eat too much!!

hello after having taking my 15yr old daughter back to occ to have her band removed that didnt work for her she had plication. Of course she did lose on the liquid diet but as soon as we could get to solids she is almost able to eat the full amount. After four days of calling the clinic they called me back and acted like this was normal?? Really?? We are so dissapointed. She is keeping a food journal and they are going to look at it in a week and see what they think. Has anyone else experienced this?? Not sure what to do. Any suggestions??

from everything I've heard, the restriction on the pliction surgery is very minimal, and weight loss is a lot slower -- diet is even MORE important, controlling portions, etc.

When you say she had her band removed, because 'it didn't work', what does that mean?

Well It's hard to understand things like this. I've been banded for over 1 year and I've lost close to 50lbs... I can't say "It's not working" I had to do the work. I sometimes cheat and eat more than I actually should but then ofcourse I pay the price on the scale. You have to work out eat healthy on your own... I forget I have the band and make sure I can control my own portion sizes before my band tells me to stop. I do this just in case I happen to have it removed (I hope that never happens) but I want to educate myself... I hope everything works out for you and your daughter. As for plication, I don't know much about it.

from everything I've heard, the restriction on the pliction surgery is very minimal, and weight loss is a lot slower -- diet is even MORE important, controlling portions, etc.

When you say she had her band removed, because 'it didn't work', what does that mean?

Well, where we live and her age we didnt get good fills the closest place3hrs away and everytime we would go it was to much or not enough! this went on for a year so we opt for plication. The doc said she should be able to eat a quarter size amt compared to before>

Well, where we live and her age we didnt get good fills the closest place3hrs away and everytime we would go it was to much or not enough! this went on for a year so we opt for plication. The doc said she should be able to eat a quarter size amt compared to before>

Did you go to the OCC for your surgery?

I would email the doctor directly.