Just started 9 day pre op diet!

I am scheduled to have surgery on the 16th with Dr. Ortiz and I am doing the 9 day pre op diet of only protein shakes an green veggies. I am already freaking out and it is day 1! I can't imagine not eating anything for 9 days! Any tip on how to get through this period?

I am scheduled to have surgery on the 16th with Dr. Ortiz and I am doing the 9 day pre op diet of only protein shakes an green veggies. I am already freaking out and it is day 1! I can't imagine not eating anything for 9 days! Any tip on how to get through this period?

this probably won't be of much help but I just focussed on the "new me" and did not have many issues getting through my pre op and post op strict weeks. The idea of what I was becoming was encouragement enough. This forum also provided me the support I needed. Just stay busy and keep the end goal in mind. Good luck

I felt the same way!!! I thought, "if I could do the pre-op diet, I wouldn't need the surgery!" However, I promise you that the first day is the hardest day. In just a couple days you'll start to feel great. Stick with it!!! If you have to avoid your eating family, lock yourself in your bedroom with a popsicle.

• 6 months later...

I feel your pain as I am going into my 7th day of protein shakes and veggies. I am scheduled for plication on the 7th and am so ready to get this over with and start afresh. I have been drinking muscle milk and o-yeah shakes. If it helps, the diet does get a little better after a few day's; I have had to make myself eat and drink at times. Lvbirgit (I will instant message you my information), I leave on Friday, but maybe I will see you on the 8th if you come in then. I hope I am feeling ok to walk around and shop a little on the 8th...fingers crossed.