It's been a little over a week since plication

So I am a few days over a week since plication and I am down 12 lbs. I am sure I am down a few more since I last weighed in but I am trying to only weigh in weekly. Any one else doing that? I don't want to become obsessed with the scale ya know? I am still on full liquids but cooking for the family and being around food is really starting to get to me and the head hunger. I am staying the course so far, although last night I broke down and had a spoonful of hummus. I felt it immediately so I think I learned my lesson on that! I am not as lethargic as I was but it doesn't take much to wear me out. I finally started walking yesterday, I know I should have been doing it earlier but I...well I don't know why! I have had a few cocktails with my girlfriends which has helped to not make me feel totally deprived but I sip on the same drink for about 3 hours. I just want all this weight off like pronto but I know it is a process. The only irritant is the nightly stomach gurgling. It keeps me up and it almost feels like my stomach is growling followed by like a strange wave of nervous feeling. I don't really know how to explain it but I'm wondering if its normal. I am just looking forward to the soft diet in 12 days!

Hi Olivia,

I haven't had the plication revision yet, but I have a band and I remember the liquid diet! (And I'm not looking forward to it again.) I was okay the first week, but like you, I started getting hungry the second week. I had the foggy brain and lethargy, too. I remember my stomach making crazy noises!! I'm ashamed to admit, but I resorted to chewing and spitting in a cup a few times just to feel food in my mouth. It seemed to help with the head hunger a lot. Good luck and happy to hear you are doing well! 12 lbs. is a lot!

Hi Olivia,

I haven't had the plication revision yet, but I have a band and I remember the liquid diet! (And I'm not looking forward to it again.) I was okay the first week, but like you, I started getting hungry the second week. I had the foggy brain and lethargy, too. I remember my stomach making crazy noises!! I'm ashamed to admit, but I resorted to chewing and spitting in a cup a few times just to feel food in my mouth. It seemed to help with the head hunger a lot. Good luck and happy to hear you are doing well! 12 lbs. is a lot!

Oh my gosh Angela, so glad to know someone can relate! Too funny about the chewing and spitting. I don't think I will trust myself, I would swallow away!

Guest lena9800

Hi Olivia ,To stop the hunger feeling drink protein not the shakes that u make but the liquid protein u can get it at any health store.It helped me alot in the begining

Oh okay! I'll have to try that.

You can also get the liquid protein at WalMart for a much lower price and can buy single units to make sure you can tolerate it.

Hey O.

I just got the protein powder for Costco to make shakes to try and up my protein on days where it's not making the grade. It's called Preimer, it's the Costco brand and they told me if it doesn't work for me for any reason, to bring it back and they would refund it. Got a Costco close by?? Counting down the days to your first soft food meal, any idea what you're likely to want???? Wonder often how you are making out. K:)

Do you happen to know the name of it?

I don't remember the brand name but it is a whey liquid protein. You can usually find it with the liquid diet shakes near the pharmacy counter. It has been my experience it is on the bottom shelf, kinda out of sight. It is in a bullet like plastic container and here in WA sells for about $1.89 a 3 oz shot.

Thanks for the info.....I tried a power shot from Baractic Advantage, OMG....it was so thiick and smelt horrible.attempts to drink it ended up with a fast run to the bathroom. I was going to use the containers for travel but no matter what I did(soak in baking soda....boiling in vinegar) and nothing took the smell away. Is that sort of what those ones you use are like??? Thx

Thanks for the info.....I tried a power shot from Baractic Advantage, OMG....it was so thiick and smelt horrible.attempts to drink it ended up with a fast run to the bathroom. I was going to use the containers for travel but no matter what I did(soak in baking soda....boiling in vinegar) and nothing took the smell away. Is that sort of what those ones you use are like??? Thx

the ones I buy at Wal Mart are not as thick as some I have tried. It is a "fruit flavor" and although not necessarily something I would rush out and exclaim over, when I chill them I find them consumable with out any smell or gagging. I would suggest you purchase one and give it a try. You can buy them in 6 packs as well for a little less $ but if you are not able to tolerate them why have the extras. Let me know what you think of them. I do know I have tried other brands and found the same problems you speak of

Guest lena9800

Try this one, Isopure 40g of protein no carbs and it's mango peach flavor Even my son likes it, and he is just 13yrs but i don't let him have it of course.I get it at the vitamin shop.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am a few days over a week since plication and I am down 12 lbs. I am sure I am down a few more since I last weighed in but I am trying to only weigh in weekly. Any one else doing that? I don't want to become obsessed with the scale ya know? I am still on full liquids but cooking for the family and being around food is really starting to get to me and the head hunger. I am staying the course so far, although last night I broke down and had a spoonful of hummus. I felt it immediately so I think I learned my lesson on that! I am not as lethargic as I was but it doesn't take much to wear me out. I finally started walking yesterday, I know I should have been doing it earlier but I...well I don't know why! I have had a few cocktails with my girlfriends which has helped to not make me feel totally deprived but I sip on the same drink for about 3 hours. I just want all this weight off like pronto but I know it is a process. The only irritant is the nightly stomach gurgling. It keeps me up and it almost feels like my stomach is growling followed by like a strange wave of nervous feeling. I don't really know how to explain it but I'm wondering if its normal. I am just looking forward to the soft diet in 12 days!

Hi Olivia, I've been following your journey since you had your plication surgery and i haven't heard from you lately. It's been almost a month since you had the procedure done and i would like to know how you're doing and how much weight have you lots and do you have a lot of restrictions Also since your experience do yo recommend the surgery?? i'm still debating into the lab-band or the plication and would like all the information i can to make the right decision. Thank you and i hope you're doing great.