MARCH SURGERIES

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of March. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Gastric Plication patients.

Guess I'll post first - I'm scheduled for a plication in 12 days!!! March 14th. I'm on day 4 of my preop diet and down 6 lbs already - I'm doing the liquid option so I'm sure I'll be out of my mind after 2 weeks of shakes. Guess its good preparation for post op. Anyone else scheduled with me?? Would love to chat before hand!

Yolanda

Ok, I'm scheduled for March 18th. I haven't weighed for a week, I'm not sure I want to know. This has been a very hard decision, not because I don't need the change in my life but because I feel bad about taking the money that I would rather have my family use. However, I have walked through the steps, paid the deposit, filled out the forms, financed the cashiers check, started the diet. I have to say if I didn't have the support from my wife, I never would have made it this far! So, here goes for a better life! :wacko:

Ok, I'm scheduled for March 18th. I haven't weighed for a week, I'm not sure I want to know. This has been a very hard decision, not because I don't need the change in my life but because I feel bad about taking the money that I would rather have my family use. However, I have walked through the steps, paid the deposit, filled out the forms, financed the cashiers check, started the diet. I have to say if I didn't have the support from my wife, I never would have made it this far! So, here goes for a better life! :wacko:

Dont think of it as taking the money away from family use. Think of how enriched your family life will be once you get healthier. You will be able to do more, live longer, play harder. I firmly beleive it was the best money I have ever spent.

Dont think of it as taking the money away from family use. Think of how enriched your family life will be once you get healthier. You will be able to do more, live longer, play harder. I firmly beleive it was the best money I have ever spent.

Thanks, I know that, but I just haven't been raised to spend for myself. My wife has told me the same thing, I know inside you are both right! :P

Hi Y'all.

I'm having my plication on the 18th as well! It's been comforting to read the posts and to know that I'm not the only one experiencing anxiety over my decision. The past few days have been really a struggle- I keep thinking of complications that may result from the surgery and what if I end up regretting having the procedure?

Everyone has been so positive and supportive of one another! Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and comments in this forum!! It is much appreciated.

I will be traveling alone, so I hope to meet some great people in Mexico!

Hi Katie,

I'll be watching for you next week - I'll hopefully be on my way out that morning if all goes well. I'm scheduled for the 14th and while I'm excited, I'm also having anxiety. I'm travelling alone too and my biggest fear is that something bad will happen and I'll be after leaving my children to be raised by their less than ideal father. Not trying to be dramatic, it's just whats in my head - I'm doing this for them, to be healthy and live a long time - can't help but have fears for worst case scenarios - I'm a nurse! Worst patients ever! :)

Good luck next week and I look forward to sharing our weight loss stories here :)

Take care,

Yolanda

This is the topic for those who are scheduling their surgery during the month of March. Posting in this topic gives you the chance to meet other patients that are going to be in TJ during this month. So lets hear from the soon to be Gastric Plication patients.

I'll be having my surgery on the 16th. I'll be flying in from VA on the 15th. I'm nervous,too. I'll be alone as well. I have all my drinks and everything at home. I also am bringing some apple juice powders to drink at the hotel. I really need to do this. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Sharon

P. S. My Dove is one of my horses. I always want him near me.

Less than 48 hours now!! Excited, nervous... doing well with the preop diet - 1 lb to go but I've been losing about 1 - 1.5 lbs per day so I'm not worried about making it. Surgery Monday! Crossing my fingers, toes & eyes - hoping this will be the life change I've been longing for.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm back. I could not have the plication surgery because of a previous stomach surgery 10 years ago. So I am the new owner of a Band! Just got home last night.

I had the worst time - - not at OCC, but first hearing I wasn't elegible for surgery, then getting through that. 1 day b4 flight - I fell at home and broke my left wrist,sprained my right thumb, and hurt my already arthritic knees. I was sure that night I would not be going but the next morning I called the airline and with the help of a very nice agent, I was able to get tickets for my wife to come. I never would have made it without her.

All of the staff was great. They were kind and gentle, I was in so much pain, I screamed every time I had to standup or sitdown. Someone always was there to help my wife as she struggled with me. The doctors were also top-notch, and Dr. Ortiz could not have been better!

So here I go on a new adventure! Thanks for the support that some of you so quickly gave to me.

Mark

Well, I'm back. I could not have the plication surgery because of a previous stomach surgery 10 years ago. So I am the new owner of a Band! Just got home last night.

I had the worst time - - not at OCC, but first hearing I wasn't elegible for surgery, then getting through that. 1 day b4 flight - I fell at home and broke my left wrist,sprained my right thumb, and hurt my already arthritic knees. I was sure that night I would not be going but the next morning I called the airline and with the help of a very nice agent, I was able to get tickets for my wife to come. I never would have made it without her.

All of the staff was great. They were kind and gentle, I was in so much pain, I screamed every time I had to standup or sitdown. Someone always was there to help my wife as she struggled with me. The doctors were also top-notch, and Dr. Ortiz could not have been better!

So here I go on a new adventure! Thanks for the support that some of you so quickly gave to me.

Mark

Welcome to Bandster land. So sorry to hear about your pre surgery trials. Awesome that you had the support and help arrive when you needed it.

Wow! So sorry to hear you had additional stress but glad you were still able to get some kind of procedure to help. Good luck!!!! I'm quickly learning this is a great support system on here :)

Yolanda

• 2 weeks later...

I am having mine on April 1st ...

nervous...how do you add the weight ticker?

It has been a week since my surgery...everything is going very well. I still have stomach gas but it is getting better. I am losing weight...start weight 210 now weigh 191.4 as of this morning. I am still on liquids post-op looking forward to puree food. Glad I did it!

Hi Tmpwall's,

Sounds like you have a good start! I have found many answers and alot of encouragement on this forum's pages, I'm sure you will too. In case noone got back to you on the tickers here are some instructions (thanks to Mama Michelle):

Here is how to make the weight loss tickers (for those who are still trying):

First visit this link (I suggest doing it in a separate window)

http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/tick...gner.php?type=3

Select your ticker ruler- click next

Select your ticker slider- click next

Enter in your weight information and create a pin- click next

Use Ctrl+C to cut the text from the first box (aka the bbCode box)

Return to the lapbandforum.com site by clicking on this link to Edit your signature:

http://www.lapbandfo...=UserCP&CODE=22

Use Ctrl+V to paste the ticker info into the signature box

Click- Update my signature and you should see the ticker image at the top of that page,

if you see just text something is wrong!

Hope this helps!

Good Luck & stay in touch,

Mark