Getting back on track

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in (and its been a LONG time) and hopefully get some support from you all. I am hoping that I can continue to come to this forum and be a source of support for everyone here and visa versa. I was banded on March 28 2008 at OCC. It was such a great experience! I love Dr. Ortiz and everyone else at OCC for helping me to FINALLY lose weight and be considered "normal" not overweight. I went from 205 to 145, but had to get all the liquid out of my band about a year ago due to the fact that I couldn't keep anything down. I had many tests done to make sure that my band hadn't slipped - - and it hasn't, thank the lord. So, anyhow, I had all my liquid removed, and gained some weight back. A while after that I went back to my Dr. and had 1 cc put in just to see if I could tolerate it. I did - - and still continued gaining weight because it wasn't enough restriction. So, this past friday, March 11, I went back to my fill Dr. in NYC to have more liquid put in my band. I got .75 cc and we will see if I can tolerate it. So far, so good! Of course I am just on liquids right now, but I think my problem in the past was that I didn't drink enough water and I would get extremely dehydrated which caused a domino effect with me vomiting everything I was eating. I am not sure if being dehydrated can cause the band to be tighter or have more restriction? I am hoping so much that this works out and that I can get back down to 145 (from my current weight of 167 - - which I have maintained for over a year now which is pretty impressive according to my Dr.) Well, I guess thats it for now. Thank you all for reading what I have to say! I hope to hear your responses and get some support.

Hi Carrie,

Welcome back! You'll do just fine - you know what you need to do to succeed - you already did it not that long ago. Its just normal life to have little set-backs - the goal is too not let them turn into big ones. So jumping back in for support and guidance is the right thing to do. For me ~ since like you I know what it takes to succeed - the magic is waking up that one day and making that long term commitment to fix it. For us now its realistically only 90 days of hard work (so short in the scheme of life), but then a lifetime of little long term changes. Whether its getting up 30 minutes earlier and doing a fast at home workout. Or forgoing that evening drink/treat and only having them on the weekends. Or both it we're rock stars!

I've been traveling a lot lately and added 7 pounds just because of that - I got off my schedule and it puts my body in havoc. I know what it is and I don't sweat it, its part of life - I just jump back into my normal routine and work it off. It normally only takes me a couple of weeks to get back on track and then I'm back to working so I don't get too thin! (Feast or famine - I'm telling ya). The body is a strange thing.......

Take care, its great to see you! Just join in, we'll do it together we both have a little bit of work to do!

Love ya!

Lisa

Hi Carrie,

Welcome back! You'll do just fine - you know what you need to do to succeed - you already did it not that long ago. Its just normal life to have little set-backs - the goal is too not let them turn into big ones. So jumping back in for support and guidance is the right thing to do. For me ~ since like you I know what it takes to succeed - the magic is waking up that one day and making that long term commitment to fix it. For us now its realistically only 90 days of hard work (so short in the scheme of life), but then a lifetime of little long term changes. Whether its getting up 30 minutes earlier and doing a fast at home workout. Or forgoing that evening drink/treat and only having them on the weekends. Or both it we're rock stars!

I've been traveling a lot lately and added 7 pounds just because of that - I got off my schedule and it puts my body in havoc. I know what it is and I don't sweat it, its part of life - I just jump back into my normal routine and work it off. It normally only takes me a couple of weeks to get back on track and then I'm back to working so I don't get too thin! (Feast or famine - I'm telling ya). The body is a strange thing.......

Take care, its great to see you! Just join in, we'll do it together we both have a little bit of work to do!

Love ya!

Lisa

Hey Lisa! Thanks for the reply to my message. Its really great to see you are still on the lapband forum! Your words of encouragement really mean a lot and I hope that one day I will be as successful as you! I don't think I will ever have to work at not being too thin. LOL! That would be weird for me. You are right though, the body is very strange... Its very weird that at one point I had 2.25 cc of saline in my band and now I can barely tolerate 1.75 cc! I just don't get it - - what changed? I have no clue. Well, stay in touch! I am sure you will get that 7 lbs off in no time!

Love ya,

Carrie

WELCOME BACK CARRIE ♥

RE: Its very weird that at one point I had 2.25 cc of saline in my band and now I can barely tolerate 1.75 cc! I just don't get it - - what changed? I have no clue.

THERE ARE SEVERAL OF US THAT THIS HAS HAPPENED TOO. IT SEEMS TO BE BECOMING THE NORM. DOLITTLE HAS TRIED TO DO SOME RESEARCH BUT NOT MANY ANSWERS. JUST ONE MORE MYSTERY WITH THE BAND, BUT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE WORKED AROUND :)

Here's my take on it - I know that I was building scar tissue around the port - why wouldn't we build scar tissue around the band? That would add tissue around it - thus causing it to tighted without a fill - since we all are seeing this over time and its a normal part of what our bodies do - it just kind of makes sense to me.....

Here's my take on it - I know that I was building scar tissue around the port - why wouldn't we build scar tissue around the band? That would add tissue around it - thus causing it to tighted without a fill - since we all are seeing this over time and its a normal part of what our bodies do - it just kind of makes sense to me.....

YES YES YES.

This makes total sense to me, too .. and something I'm starting to experience at the 2 year point.

Lisa - - I think you are 100% correct as well! Good thinking.