Going to the Bathroom

This is my 7th day after plication. It's a delicate question but.....how soon should you start having bowel movement? I've been on clear broths and gatorade for the past week, so I'm not concerned, yet.

Maybe when I move onto the 2nd phase of liquids such as creamy soups and protein shakes?

I've also been taking my gummy fibers to encourage it along. When should I start getting worried?

Thanks.

Hi! Hope you're doing well! I'm on day 10 now and feeling great, just wishing I was seeing a little more in the weight loss department but I'm not worried about it. I think it will pick up when I can start some exercise.

As for the 'delicate subject' :) I had a very small BM on day 3 but then nothing til I started the protein/creamy soups. Not sure about anyone else, but the first couple of days with the heavier liquids went right through me - was lucky I was close to a bathroom! It seems to have settled now though. I'm having a hard time finding 30g of protein to put in me - I bought some high protein shakes at the vitamin shop but they are just gross - I can't imagine those 'bullets' that others have mentioned on here. If anyone has any suggestions I'm open. I just get sick of drinking all day long. I'm not hungry, but bored I guess. But we will soldier on and make it to day 21! Can't wait!

Good luck!!!! Let's keep in touch and update our progress.

Yolanda

This is my 7th day after plication. It's a delicate question but.....how soon should you start having bowel movement? I've been on clear broths and gatorade for the past week, so I'm not concerned, yet.

Maybe when I move onto the 2nd phase of liquids such as creamy soups and protein shakes?

I've also been taking my gummy fibers to encourage it along. When should I start getting worried?

Thanks.

I bought some benefiber clear the one that dosn't thicken up. However, It was 8 days after surgery and one day after I took the Benefiber Clear. I only took a little and mixed it into one of my shakes.

I have to say some of these cream soups I used to eat as a kid and loved are really terrible now. I'll have to check to see if I'm getting the low fat or low salt to make them so nasty.

are we allowed Split Pea soup?

sharon

Thanks.

For some reason, your body kind of shuts that department down after surgery. I always recommend "Milk of Magnesium" it works wonders.