Weight Gain

I had my RNY 9 years ago. I have since gained 75% of my weight back. Looking for ways to get motivated and get back on track. More than willing to do another surgery if there is one available to jump start my weightloss.

Wondering how many have done the same thing and are feeling as I am?

I had my RNY 9 years ago. I have since gained 75% of my weight back. Looking for ways to get motivated and get back on track. More than willing to do another surgery if there is one available to jump start my weightloss.

Wondering how many have done the same thing and are feeling as I am?

I don't know if there are any active members in here who have had bypasses.

We're mostly lapbanders & Plication and gastric sleeve people.

With that being said, you may not get any bites on this thread.

thank you for updating me. I appreciate someone answering. Is it possible that one of the procedures normally discussed on here can be done as a revision for my surgery?

I do know there are members in this forum, who have had surgery revisions .. but it would be best if you contacted the OCC directly, to get this advise from a professional.

Why would you want a revision on your surgery? Can gastric bypass surgery be 'undone'?

(i really know very little about it)

In all, the surgery is only as successful as your eating habits are clean, and your motivation .. boo to that! ;)

Hi, I don't know about revision surgeries, I'm just over 2 months out from gastric plication, but it might help you to have a discussion with Dr Ortiz at OCC. Do you have any idea how you think you gained back so much of you weight?? There are people here who have had revisions, and I'm sure each had their own reasons. Might help you to know what habits contributes to your back slide so you don't carry them forward after another WLS. For sure WLS is only a tool, we still have to do the work each day to get to our goals including weight loss, but the other non weight goals include things like seeing food differently....approaching WLS from the prespective of not how much can one eat after weight loss surgery but how little can I eat and be satisfied. I wish there was that magic bullet too, but each of us have to do the on-going work to get where we want to be.............and for me that is a healthier lifestyle including a healthier weight so I can cut out some of the meds that come with the excess weight. Maybe it's time to have a heart to heart with Dr Ortiz, explain your situations, what your challenges have been and why you think you have re-gained the weight. Then he can give you some honest input about your options. Do stay in touch, this forum is so helpful and supportive. Cheers, Katie

• 1 year later...

I believe surgery is not the solution to weight loss. I know how hard it is to lose weight and I almost gave up on trying. However, after my initial surgery, I also gained most of my weight and I felt all bad about it. I went out of my way to look for workout buddies who encouraged me to exercise and eat well. Now, I am beginning to gradually lose my weight again.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...