Well....this is unexpected....

So...I went to the doctor today and was told....I AM PREGNANT! I mean really? A month and a half out from an expensive WLS surgery?! I know I should be happy about a new little life coming into the world, and I am, I really am, but being pregnant put me in a pretty bad predicament in the past and I am TERRIFIED of gaining weight! The good news is that I didn't know I was pregnant until today and I have lost two more pounds this week so I am still losing. Please tell me that someone has had this surgery and then found out they were pregnant. I really need some encouragement.

Holy Smokes O.............well congraz big time......have you talked it our with your doctor in light of the plication? I mean, you do have the tool already, and you cant be the first person to have had WLS including plication and then conceived, right???? If my math is right, doesn't this mean you got preg, shortly after you got home??? Wow no wonder you are surprised, but all the same, your tool is still there right? K:)

Congratulations on the good news. I'm sure all will be fine. Many women have had babies after weight loss surgery. You are in good company. With your smaller stomach, you'll be able to have better control and make smarter choices with your food while going through pregnancy! Please continue to share your experience with us and reach out for any support!

I didn't have weight loss surgery but my last pregnacy I talked to my Dr a TON about weight beacuse I was over weight to start at 260. He said it was ok for me to only gain 10-15 lbs just as long and I was walking and eating healthy. In the end I gained 18 lbs. I was fine with that and very happy and proud of my self that I could do it. You will not gain to much if you stick to the 500 extra cal a day rule that you are supose to have while preg. That extra 500 cal. is a glass of skim milk and HALF a peanutbutter sandwich. Thats it if you can get past the eating for 2 rule you will be fine. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Like 1

WOW!! I want to give you a HUGE cyber hug! Congrats honey. Don't fret a bit, I did the research as I do not have any babies yet and didn't want to give up that chance in the future as my being overweight has been one of my preg. barriers. Just as Bella says keep to the 500 cal extra and exercise (my bff is currently preggo and doing this video..Summer Sanders' Prenatal Workout she says its wonderful) and you should be great!

Seeing that you have gone through the tough part and you are a tough cookie I know you will be great.

• Like 1