Weight Loss Success

Does anyone have any positive Gastric Plication stories? Everyone seem to be disappointed with their weight loss, but I have yet to come across those that are satisfied with their weight loss. This is very discouraging. Is there anyone out there that could provide some successes for the Plication community.

I am only 3.5 weeks out and I'm very happy with the procedure. I've been losing 2-3 lbs a week and that is fine with me. I keep in touch with another person who had the plication on the same day and she is very happy as well. Some people have posted their disappointments due to lack of weight loss, and everyone will have varying results, but I really believe that some of us may not be eating enough calories for maximum metabolism. I try to target 1200 calories each day. This has really helped me experience steady weight loss. I eat about 5oz. of food per meal and get full quickly. I try to eat every 3 hours. And drink plenty of water!

I too, would be interested in the long-term results.

Not the 'success' you've had on the pre-op 'diet', or the first 4-5 months, but AFTER that ... After a year.

That's when things seem to change from the feedback I've heard.

Hi Had my plication done Jan 27, 2011..............so far down 37.4 and yes the fast weight loss has slowed down including a stall(aka plateau)...............which I remember happening with every single 'diet' I have ever been on. I do agree that if you're cal. intake drops, the body goes into starve mode and stores every single morsel you eat. Here's what broke my 'stall'...............increased movement, increased water intake(wasn't regularly getting the needed 64oz) and upped my protein intake to nearedr 80grms/day..was closer to 50grms. What I started to noticing even tho I might only loose half a pound like this week................inches are disappearing..............down into size 10 when just before surgery I was into a very very tight 16 .....then came going down to a 14, then a 12..which ended up only wearable if I sinched in my belt. What I keep telling myself is slow weight loss means more likely to be premanent.......................isn't that what the doctor's say to???? My surgery is a tool and I didn't expect mircles.....but really when was the last time I lost this much weight in just over 2 months and feel in control of my portion sizes, and eating health? For me the answer is never. Don't know if this helps anyone, hope so. K:)

I am a month out and down 15 pounds. I'm happy so far. I have heard of many people saying that they are eating 500-700 calories a day but I can't do that. I am having 1100-1300 a day. I am losing weight so I can't complain. I don't think the fewer calories is always better.

Good luck

S

Finally! Some positive words of encouragement. Thanks for sharing the successes. I really needed to know that there are some people out there that are happy with the Plication. I was starting to get nervous. I am very excited about my success and I knew that I could not be the only person with good things to say about the procedure. Thanks again for sharing.

Finally! Some positive words of encouragement. Thanks for sharing the successes. I really needed to know that there are some people out there that are happy with the Plication. I was starting to get nervous. I am very excited about my success and I knew that I could not be the only person with good things to say about the procedure. Thanks again for sharing.

Why not be the first plication success story in the forum, LadyInRed!

It looks like that roll is waiting to be filled! ;)

I had my plication just over a month ago and I was a little discouraged because I had only lost about 10lbs since the surgery (had lost 17 during the pre-op phase), but this week I've been focusing on ensuring I'm taking in enough calories and doing my exercise and I'm seeing a little more movement on the scale. More than the weight loss though, I'm seeing a difference in my clothes so I'm going to try and stop weighing so frequently and focus on my intake. I have to admit though, I am finding it hard to take in enough food - I get full so easily. Going to keep looking at higher protein and not take in unnecessary calories and see if it works.

I agree - we need more positive on here!! :)