Feeling Tired and Weak

Has anyone else been struggling with low energy and fatigue? This is my 5th week post plication. I've been eating regularly and drinking the min. 64 oz of water and taking my multivitamin. I've just been so tired lately. All I want to do when i get home is go to sleep. I lack energy at work. I know I'm getting enough protein. I have a high protein shake and protein rich foods like eggs and fish.

Sometimes, I even feel a little light headed. Is it because of the weight loss and the reduced calories (I target 1200 a day)?

I'd like to find out if anyone else has struggled with this.

Thanks

Morgan

Has anyone else been struggling with low energy and fatigue? This is my 5th week post plication. I've been eating regularly and drinking the min. 64 oz of water and taking my multivitamin. I've just been so tired lately. All I want to do when i get home is go to sleep. I lack energy at work. I know I'm getting enough protein. I have a high protein shake and protein rich foods like eggs and fish.

Sometimes, I even feel a little light headed. Is it because of the weight loss and the reduced calories (I target 1200 a day)?

Thanks

Morgan

If I were you I'd be on the phone with Dr. Miranda right away. If nothing improved with her suggestions, I'd be on the phone with one of the surgeon's. Its not ok to feel poorly this long. I haven't even had my plication yet and its this kind of info that really scares me.

Gook luck to you!

I have talked to Dr. Miranda. She suggested gatorade and adding fruits and vegetables into my diet and especially food high in iron such as spinach. I did wonder if I was just low in iron.

Plus, just to clarify, I have not been like this the entire time since my surgery. Just in the last week.

Thanks

Morgan

Definitely increase your protein & add at LEAST 90g of healthy fats per serving ... even if it means putting a tsp of coconut oil in with your shakes.

That will help with your energy levels.

Hi Morgan, had my plication done Jan 27th. Intially I had loads of energy, I think that was because my system was getting cleaned out of the junk I use to put in it. Then I hit a wall, and energy disappeared then everything seems to be a huge effort. I had my doc here to a B12 check of my blood and it was really low. So I went to the Vitamin Store and bought B12 tabs that you put under your tongue to disolve. I bought the 5000mcg(5mgs) and I take 2 twice a day. And within a short time, energy back.............so maybe have your blood work done. B12 could be the source.