Getting Lap band checked.

So I wanted to schedule a Check up at the OCC just to get my band checked... I come to find out... getting my band checked cost the same as a fill now. I was pretty much bummed out. I got a few fills last year and towards the end of the year I got my band checked to be on the safe side. Anyone else hear about this?

I got my band July 2010. They told me fills are $100 because you are paying for the fluoroscopy equipment. Like paying for an xray. So it's makes since that you pay for "band checks". Also, it's like getting several xrays, which isn't so great for you. Maybe $100 charge will discourage people from doing it too often. IMO

Don't they use digital xray equipment?

Paying for an 'xray' is so passe. I'm kinda shocked ......

Not even my vet charges for xray's anymore!

They charge you, so they can make money.

It's a business, guys. LOL.

• Like 1

The last time I had them check they charged the same as they charge for an unfill. Basically for the use of the needle. It has been about six months since I have gone though so I am not sure of the price change.

I went in December and paid less than half of what a fill costs. Which encouraged me to come back every few months and get checked to avoid any problems. So this month I thought I'd go back then I got the price and I was surprised, I asked her why and she said it was because they do it with a barium swallow and x-rays.. I told her , I knew! I've gotten my band checked before and I didn't pay that, she just said, "well the price went up" That was annoying. I probably might wait a few more months and go later but It's still not going to stop me from getting my band checked. $100 bucks is nothing compared to what I'd pay out here in Cali, besides I wouldn't trust anyone with my band other than the OCC.

I went in December and paid less than half of what a fill costs. Which encouraged me to come back every few months and get checked to avoid any problems. So this month I thought I'd go back then I got the price and I was surprised, I asked her why and she said it was because they do it with a barium swallow and x-rays.. I told her , I knew! I've gotten my band checked before and I didn't pay that, she just said, "well the price went up" That was annoying. I probably might wait a few more months and go later but It's still not going to stop me from getting my band checked. $100 bucks is nothing compared to what I'd pay out here in Cali, besides I wouldn't trust anyone with my band other than the OCC.

I've never had my band 'checked'.

I personally wouldn't pay that every few months!

Imagine how much that will cost you in a couple of years!

I've never had my band 'checked'.

I personally wouldn't pay that every few months!

Imagine how much that will cost you in a couple of years!

I travel to TJ quiet often so It's not really an inconvenience. The price was $30 dollars, I thought that was a fair price. But $100 sounds a little too steep... how do you up the price $70 bucks? I might be ok with $10 or $20...but not $70.

I guess if you've never had it checked and feel great then, I shouldn't worry too much. I just have this fear that I'm stretching or doing something to my band without knowing it. If I feel good then I shouldn't worry, right?