Hair loss? Any suggestions?

Just this week I started noticing an increase in hair loss - washing my hair and more and more seems to be coming out. Any recommendations from those who've had the same issue? I've been reading online and there seems to be many supplements with conflicting reports of success - I'd rather try something that has been effective for others in my position. Thanks!

Just this week I started noticing an increase in hair loss - washing my hair and more and more seems to be coming out. Any recommendations from those who've had the same issue? I've been reading online and there seems to be many supplements with conflicting reports of success - I'd rather try something that has been effective for others in my position. Thanks!

Just wanted to share with some of you that are experiencing the hair loss. I had my surgery in 8/10 and at about the 3 month mark, started to dramatically lose hair. It got to be pretty serious and laster until about the 6 or 7 month post surgery. I started using two products in about the 4.5 month mark and my hair not only has quit falling out but is definitely fuller than it has ever been. The two products are:

1. Puritan's Pride Sublingual B-12 2500 mcg microlozenqe.

2. Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Conditioner.

I have bought both of these on line and would highly recommend them. I did stay with my original shampoo as my hair is color treated and did not know if the Biotin shampoo would strip my color.

Thanks good information..................I did start using the Avalon Oganics Biotin B-Complex, both the shampoo and conditioner..........I have blond streaks and the shampoo has not stripped the color. I use Vitamin World brand Sublingal B-12 5-7 mgs microlozenge(which is 5000-7000mcg), wonder if the brand makes a difference? How long before you started notice new hair growth from the places you lost hair?? I'm at just 4 months out and have noticed in the last month or so loads of missing hair, and I didn't have much per square inch to begin with...................lol................so am really curious to when I might expect some re-growth. Per doc's instructions I also started using Rogaine 5%(it's the men's strength, an OTC in the US, prescription in Cdn, if you know someone one who can ship it to you from the states, you'll say a lot....also the OTC 2.5% I'm told is pretty much useless. In fact I think I got the Avalon Biotin shampoo and conditioner idea from this forum.

Thanks good information..................I did start using the Avalon Oganics Biotin B-Complex, both the shampoo and conditioner..........I have blond streaks and the shampoo has not stripped the color. I use Vitamin World brand Sublingal B-12 5-7 mgs microlozenge(which is 5000-7000mcg), wonder if the brand makes a difference? How long before you started notice new hair growth from the places you lost hair?? I'm at just 4 months out and have noticed in the last month or so loads of missing hair, and I didn't have much per square inch to begin with...................lol................so am really curious to when I might expect some re-growth. Per doc's instructions I also started using Rogaine 5%(it's the men's strength, an OTC in the US, prescription in Cdn, if you know someone one who can ship it to you from the states, you'll say a lot....also the OTC 2.5% I'm told is pretty much useless. In fact I think I got the Avalon Biotin shampoo and conditioner idea from this forum.

I doubt whether brand will make a difference. My choice for the B12 was price point. I started with the conditioner only for about a month at 5 months and saw lessening the the hair loss but no regain. Then about a month later started taking the B12 and within a month my hair was getting thicker and my hairdresser commented on how much new growth she was seeing. I am almost back to my original hair thickness.

• 2 months later...

Hi Here's an update to my earlier comments on what I was doing for my hair loss. So far (at 7 months) I haven't had new regrowth. Sticking with B12, Biotin shampoo, biotin,supplement and have added primrose oil, 1000mgx3 per day. At this point I think I'd use cow dung if I thought it would help........lol.least the lost has stopped, waiting on the re-growth. In the mean time I found that the Joan Rivers hair filler helps hide those slim patches. You stipple it on with a brush that comes with the product. Yes I was surprised it worked and didn't look fake. Sure hope I get re-growth cause I didn't have a lot per square inch to spare. Cheers, Katie:)

Definitely keep it up. I did not see a real difference until just recently the look of my hair. I now need to use a tamer product as I have so many new strands picking out all over I kinda resemble someone who got an electical shock. With the tamer, it is not noticeable but I can feel the thickness when I tie my hair up.

I use a combination of two Paul Mitchell products Super Skinny Serum and Quick Slip. On a 1 pump to 3 pump combo. My hair is very fine and has natural wavy and these products help tame it to a smooth look and thus hold down the new hairs that have the tendency to poke out as the waves are forming.

I use a combination of two Paul Mitchell products Super Skinny Serum and Quick Slip. On a 1 pump to 3 pump combo. My hair is very fine and has natural wavy and these products help tame it to a smooth look and thus hold down the new hairs that have the tendency to poke out as the waves are forming.

Got it, LOL, me being a guy, I just don't know stuff like that. LOL

I am a hairstylist for over 30 years and seen all kinds of hair loss after surgical weight loss.

First of all it comes from inside the body.

GNC has hair vitamins ( sorry, not chewable)...The difference between regular vitamins and those are that reg vitamins never are enough for the hair.

Also prenatal vitamins would do the trick.

And of course make sure your protein intake is up there!!!!!!

Then there are shampoos that help your hair to regrow faster and thicker( Nioxin is my favorite, and it comes in all kinds of formulas for different hair types)

There are other brands but they all work on the same principle (DHT removal..)

I hope this helps!