Plateaus - Share your experiences: How long, how often, how to get though them...

Plateaus are expected but still frustrating. I'm trying to power through my own but figured there's got to be others out there going through it - or have been through it... thought it might be beneficial to share our experiences and observations. Personally I was doing well, I'm 4 months post op but seem to have hit a wall. I'm exercising, drinking my water, increased my protein, watching the intake - scale is just frozen. Any thoughts?

I experienced the same thing. I did not lose ONE pound for over a month... But just last week I finally started losing again and by this week there is an 8 pound change. I did decide to order the HCG or HGC drops - a one month supply. Anything to keep the scale moving. My hope is that I can trigger some weight loss that I wont gain back (hope my surgery will prevent regaining). I'm tired of being frustrated - want results! I too go to the gym and drink lots of water, but I just don't want to be fat anymore lol!!!

I experienced the same thing. I did not lose ONE pound for over a month... But just last week I finally started losing again and by this week there is an 8 pound change. I did decide to order the HCG or HGC drops - a one month supply. Anything to keep the scale moving. My hope is that I can trigger some weight loss that I wont gain back (hope my surgery will prevent regaining). I'm tired of being frustrated - want results! I too go to the gym and drink lots of water, but I just don't want to be fat anymore lol!!!

I suggest you do a search in this forum for HCG before spending another cent on it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm barely losing any weight at all. I am exercising, drinking water, eating small amounts of protein several times a day. The hunger is still my nemesis! After spending $8000 I was hoping for this tool of WLS to be sharper! I'm so discouraged. Has anyone ever followed up with OCC when they found things weren't working as planned and got the help/support that made the difference?

Hi, I went through a plateau too. My plication was Jan 27th, 2011. The first 3 months I call my free ride months because by following protein first etc, and water, water, water I had lost 41lbs. I say free ride because I didn't seriously exercise, I walked, ok, I more like strolled......lol........Then I hit that plateau......after 2 weeks I emailed the office(OCC).......I got a reply with some suggestions. About that same time I was watching a You Tube video of a WL buddy.....she said something that felt like a 2x4 on the back of my head. She too hadn't lost weight for 2 weeks then she said..she hadn't earned any weight loss either. She hadn't been going to the gym regularly as she use to. It hit me I had not really been doing my full part, ok it's true I can be slow to catch on to the obvious! Things started moving again after 2 serious weeks in the gym. My doctor told me that plateau was likely triggered by my body recognizing that weight level. It was true, I hit the plateau at 176lbs, I was that weight for over 5 years, before my weight started climbing to end up at 211lbs. I use the local rec center, and they offer trainers at a really reasonable rate. I know this is how my plateau happened, it's not how all plateaus happen. Hang in, it does get better. Katie

Thanks Katie - I am struck that you lost 41 lbs in the first 3 months. You called it your free ride. I'm exercising and watching what I eat and the weight isn't budging. The whole idea of having the surgery is so I could live my life without being obsessed over how much food I was eating. I just want to eat healthy foods and just the appropriate amount. I am so sad and frustrated. This seems like yet another failure at trying to reclaim my body.

Did anyone else experience hunger when you knew you shouldn't be?