Quality of Life Changes

I am thinking very hard about getting the lap band surgery. I need it desperately. But I wanted to know how is your quality of life after? What I mean is how and what can you eat? Is it just juices, palm size food, a nut? What kinds and how much food can you eat after you get the surgery? What did/do you eat post surgery and what don't you eat?

Thanks so much for your replies!

Annuri

My quality of life is something I never imagined. I have lost almost 70 lbs since my banding and I have a new outlook on life. I don't have to worry any more about weight restrictions. I can sit in the front seat on a roller coaster and I can speed down a zip line! Two things that I was never able to do before my banding. I also enjoy exercise for the first time in my life, which is something I never imagined! I think the eating aspect is different for everyone and really depends on how tight your band is. I haven't had much luck swallowing breads or dry meats like chicken breast, but I don't miss either. For meals, I can have a small serving of meat and a veggie or two. I have never felt unsatisfied or cheated. This was the best decision I ever made and the OCC was the most amazing place! I have no regrets and now live life to the fullest!! Hope this helps!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

Mark :D

Food becomes your fuel, if you work your band right. I can't tell the life changes for me. Its been amazing - I kind of had to put my head down for a minute as I was writting this because its so emotional for me. I have a life now and remember when I too couldn't ride the roller coaster or do the zip line. I have a friend who has only known me since I've been thin, I told her my story on the 4th and how I lost over 140 pounds and she didn't believe me. I keep an old picture of me in my phone and showed it to her. She looked at me and started crying. She can't see me like that - I sometimes still see me as big Lisa and it does cause me to be a little bit shy.

I run, jump, play - I'm seen as a leader - I'm proud of my body and have fun and laugh all the time. I live life to the fullest. That's hard to do when you're as big as I was.

I don't eat for emotions, I've learned how to manage my food, I do enjoy it but enjoy a bike ride or running down to park more. I'm strong, beautiful, athletic and confidant.

I'm Lisa and I'm living life as hard and with as much joy as I can. I could not say that before my band.

Good luck!

Lisa,

I have about 140 pounds to lose as well so you can't imagine what hearing your story did to me. And Mark, I want to be able to sit in the front seat of a roller coaster too! (As soon as I get over my fear of them!!!) Thank you both so much!

My quality of life is something I never imagined. I have lost almost 70 lbs since my banding and I have a new outlook on life. I don't have to worry any more about weight restrictions. I can sit in the front seat on a roller coaster and I can speed down a zip line! Two things that I was never able to do before my banding. I also enjoy exercise for the first time in my life, which is something I never imagined! I think the eating aspect is different for everyone and really depends on how tight your band is. I haven't had much luck swallowing breads or dry meats like chicken breast, but I don't miss either. For meals, I can have a small serving of meat and a veggie or two. I have never felt unsatisfied or cheated. This was the best decision I ever made and the OCC was the most amazing place! I have no regrets and now live life to the fullest!! Hope this helps!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!!

Mark :D

I remember when you first started posting. i am so glad to hear your success and happiness. Keep up the great work

I remember when you first started posting. i am so glad to hear your success and happiness. Keep up the great work

Thanks so much!!! You have done amazing as well!!! You are almost to goal!!! Congrats!!!