Thinking about Lap Band

:-h I'm thinking about Lap Band surgery and I'm going to the first "meeting" on Saturday in Brunswick, Georgia. I'm diabetic and I'm taking meds. Can ya'll take "pills" post op?

Hello Kiva, Yes we can take pills. Depends on your restriction on whether you need to grind them up or cut them if they are horse pills so to speak. Email Lori at lori@obesitycontrolcenter.com she can answer any questions you have. She has always had fast answers to my many questions. Kevin :-h

:-h I'm thinking about Lap Band surgery and I'm going to the first "meeting" on Saturday in Brunswick, Georgia. I'm diabetic and I'm taking meds. Can ya'll take "pills" post op?

I was on insulin and oral meds. I had a lot of trouble with my oral meds. I had to crush some and take them in yogurt. I still can't take my meds in the a.m. but can get them down later in the day unless I just had a fill. I now do the liquid Centrum to get my vitamins. Good Luck.

Thank you Kay. I'm going to my seminar this Saturday. I've got all my medical records from the last five years and this includes a session with a nutritionist.

I've found the same thing. The larger pills I have to break up and take a piece at a time, but have definitely not had a problem with it. I find that it's better though if I am standing when I take them. I learned that the hard way, I am used to rolling over and taking a pain pill for my back in the a.m. and then rolling over and waiting for it to work - so a minor drawback, I have to get up and take it in two pieces, but that works I get them down, make sure I feel okay then relax and wait for them to work. Maybe once all this weight it off, I won't need them to get out of bed in the a.m. I'm sure it will do my back a lot of good to have about 100 less pounds hanging off of it.

;)Thank you Kevin.

Anytime and again welcome to the lapband community!

=D> Kevin

Kevin,

You are so awesome. You're right there with support for anyone with a question. I think you are as excited as I am with this diving into a new life. I'm so tired of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. This is such an awesome site, because of people like you. Everyone seems to be absolutely great and I love hearing everyone elses experiences. Keep up the good work, you're almost like a cheerleader (no offense) to help everyone keep going.

Barbara

Edgewater, FL

Barbara,

I love your optomistic attitude... in fact euphoria is closer to it. Breeding that type of excitment can generate happier and healthier bandsters. Just sitting in a restaurant chair and not have it bind your backside is a great feeling. It's the small things in life that can really motivate all of us to suceed in our journey to fuller lives, healthy living and longevity. It's to good not to get jazzed everytime I step on the scale and it drops a notch. We all need to pat each other on the back for living a dream. I have said this before but many have not or can't be banded due to simple economics or health issues. We are the few that have the privalege of grabbing the brass ring and taking life to the next level.

We are all working hard this is not easy. We deserve to feel great about ourselves and our new lives!