Plication 7/5/11

OMG! 2 Weeks yesterday and down 15 lbs. Not a single day of nausea, not a single pain bill needed, (did have a headache, but a tylenol fixed that right up). I have to admit that on the 2nd or 3rd day I was secretly regretting it. Only because I was thirsty and couldn't drink more than that darn baby spoon size sip. I was asking myself "what did I do to myself". I can't believe I actually gave thought to turning around and going back to have it undone.

My husband reminded me that this was temporary and he was right. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and took advantage of that. I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and had never been to California so we rented a car and drove from Tijuana up to Yosemite Nat'l Park. This was 2 days post surgery. I walked all around Yosemite, then it was on to San Francisco where we walked for about 8 hours. No kidding. This was just 4 days after surgery. Then went to visit my son and of course walked the malls.

I walked so much and it was never uncomfortable. By day 5 I was like my old self. Other than the small amount I can consume I would have never believed I had the surgery. I think the walking did it. By the time I got home I had lost 14 lbs. And that was on day 7 after surgery. Since then I've been TRYING to walk about 2 hrs. each day.

If anyone has any hesitations about going to Mexico, DON'T. It was very, very safe. We shopped while there and the hospital was cleaner than we have here.

OMG! 2 Weeks yesterday and down 15 lbs. Not a single day of nausea, not a single pain bill needed, (did have a headache, but a tylenol fixed that right up). I have to admit that on the 2nd or 3rd day I was secretly regretting it. Only because I was thirsty and couldn't drink more than that darn baby spoon size sip. I was asking myself "what did I do to myself". I can't believe I actually gave thought to turning around and going back to have it undone.

My husband reminded me that this was temporary and he was right. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and took advantage of that. I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana and had never been to California so we rented a car and drove from Tijuana up to Yosemite Nat'l Park. This was 2 days post surgery. I walked all around Yosemite, then it was on to San Francisco where we walked for about 8 hours. No kidding. This was just 4 days after surgery. Then went to visit my son and of course walked the malls.

I walked so much and it was never uncomfortable. By day 5 I was like my old self. Other than the small amount I can consume I would have never believed I had the surgery. I think the walking did it. By the time I got home I had lost 14 lbs. And that was on day 7 after surgery. Since then I've been TRYING to walk about 2 hrs. each day.

If anyone has any hesitations about going to Mexico, DON'T. It was very, very safe. We shopped while there and the hospital was cleaner than we have here.

Awesome Beverly!! I had my surgery a month before you and I've only lost 11 lbs post surgery! I think the difference is the walking. I'm not doing it, my schedule is a busy one and I really don't put in the extra effort. Although I did go for a brisk walk tonight and it felt great! As of this morning, I am down to 223 (from 249 decision weight), which has me more motivated to exercise, but it means changing my habits. Something I def need to work on!!!

Congrats again and keep up the good work!

Kelly