Flying after surgery?

slw081066

My daughter and I had the sleeve done (went for plication but changed our minds while there) we had surgery on a Friday and came home on a Tuesday. We did bring bags with wheels, VERY necessary for border crossing, and we packed light because really while in the room we only wanted to wear night gowns and dressed only to get in exercise or go to OCC. For the ride home we did check our bags so we didn't have to lift them, but honestly there are so many kind thoughtful people around in the plane having a nice gentleman lift them for us would not have been an issue.

We had a short flight if you have a longer one please do get up and walk around and every 30 minutes or so, stretch your calf muscles.

I only had a band, but still- once in the airport I just wished I could throw away my clothes. that is an idea really, bring things you can leave behind. wheels are important too. drink drink walk walk, every chance you get. and have some protein packets and emergency packets on hand, plus liquid tylenol and gas ex. each lay over I just walked the entire time. and I had a long sit on the runway in a plane so I stood and went to the bathroom extra. but pack light!!! Or bring a friend to help carry stuff.