No restriction!

Lvbirgit

I am on my 4th day on solids and feel no restriction at all... I can eat like before and do not need to chew 20-30x.

I guess I have to wait till my first fill. In the mean time I count cals and exercise.

Even so I don't feel like I have a band i will not push and find out how much will fit and am following the guidelines.

It is kinda cool to feel this good but also frustrating cause i want to use my band and say I'm full!

I do know that some american clinics/doctors are allowing fills as early as 6 weeks, but OCC does not recommend it. (as far as I know)

Don't test it - don't even let yourself eat like normal. This is your time to get ready and train yourself for restriction. I know its hard - anything good is always hard. So start measuring your food - eat your protein first and eat slow - chew every bite 30 times. Then go to veggies, fruit and carbs if you have room.

Pretend you have restriction, you will find you should eat less - you should have shrunk your stomach but you can stretch it out fast if you aren't careful.

Good luck, work hard and make sure you start moving your body in exercise while still staying away from your core.

Lisa

• Like 1

Yes Goldilocks, I just checked it too. 6-8 weeks is what is says!

I am planning to go to OCC for my fill. I definitely want more restrictions for the holidays, lol.

A local surgeon here in LV has the band filled at surgery and starts reg fills 4 weeks post op. Sounds scary to me.....I definitely do NOT want to go to him!!!

I also heard he charges patients who had their surgeries done out of state $950 for the first fill and $450 for the next ones. A bid hefty, right?

Oh wow Lvbirgit, thats alot of money. I am only 2 hours from Vegas so was hoping to find a fill center there as its a long drive to the OCC and my hubby won't fly .

Anyone else in Vegas who knows a good Dr. for fills ? or a nurse practioner I heard can do it if qualified.

I really think I need it done too as I seem to eat more then I thought I could or should. I am trying to keep track tho . I have lost 18 lbs since before and afer the surgery. Its very slow and I have been up and down a pound or 2 a couple of times so its not a miracle cure you really have to take charge but I was hoping to feel more full so I would eat less and thus lose the weight. I don't like to be uncomfortably full so that is why I felt the fullness feeling would work for me. I really struggle with night munching so am trying to work on that. Does anyone take the fiber pill for cravings?

I emailed this Dr in Vegas and this was the reply to my question, I have since asked some more follow up questions and am waiting a reply.

"Yes 6-8 weeks is an appropriate time to consider having your first adjustment. New patient visits including adjustments are $299 and follow-up appointments with adjustments are $175. Follow-up appointments without adjustments are $75. Our office is closed today but we will re-open tomorrow. We hope to hear from you soon."

Sincerely,

Dominic L. Ricciardi, MD

Board Certified, Internal Medicine

Board Certified, Bariatric Medicine

Creative Health Solutions

8285 W Arby Ave St 165

Las Vegas, NV 89113

• 2 weeks later...

Dr Ricciardi has done 3 fills for me. He is a great doctor. He was the doctor Fill Centers USA used. I was very happy with my experience with him. I had one fill done using floroscopy and two done without. He takes his time to talk to you about how everything is going, and has a nice manner about him.

• Like 1

Glad to see this post. I contacted Dr G. Altschuler in Novato that someone had posted on here and got absolutely NO response. Very dissappointing.

That being said, I am unfortunately not getting much better luck at the OCC. I have been trying to talk to someone there since Wednesday of this past week and have received not much response either. Sent Lori and message through this site, no repsonse. Sent Dr. Miranda an email asking her to call me at her earliest convenience, received an email back saying call any morning M-F. I called yesterday and got voicemail, left my name and number, have not heard back from her. Called the post op number, left my name and number with the nurse Thursday morning asking a doctor to call me, no response. The only response I am getting is from Jaime booking me an appointment. Sorry just had to air my frustration.

Thanks again Karen for all your info.

The doctor I original was referring to was DR Teng here in Las Vegas. But I will defiantly use Dr Ricciardi next time instead going to the OCC.

The travel nightmare was a bit much on saturday......

• Like 1