JUNE SURGERIES

• 6 months later...

I am scheduled to have gastric Plication on June 18th. I am a little concerned because of my age.

Your profile didn't list your age,, may we ask? But it really doesn't matter, when it comes to doing something about your weight issues, better late than never. I was 54 when I was banded and I still say it was the smartest thing I ever did next to marrying my wife.

• 2 weeks later...

I am scheduled to have gastric Plication on June 18th. I am a little concerned because of my age.

I am scheduled for a sleeve gastrectomy on June 19th, and I'm 56. I'm anxious and scared, but my need to improve the quality of my life outweighs those fears. Assuming that I have 20+ years of life ahead of me, I want to be able to the things I simply cannot do at 300+. Furthermore, there's a ggod chance I won't get those 20+ years without losing the weight and keeping it off. Quality of life means so much more the older I get. Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my gastric plication on June 15th. It's only been one week, but I'm so sick of the liquid diet that I've added some soft foods into the mix yesterday and today.

If I can tolerate it, is there any reason why I should not do this? I'm still keeping quantity way down, and only eating a small amount at a time.

• 1 month later...