Let's update on our WLS ok?

I'm very pleased with my decision to have the VSG.

I found the recovery to be a simple matter of time. I felt better and better as time went on. Mostly I was distracted from the process of recovery because I was too busy trying to figure out what I could eat then drink LOL.

I have lost a total of 75 pounds and weigh 158 lbs now.

I have 9 more pounds to go to meet Dr. Miranda's goal of 149 and 23 lbs to goal to meet my own personal goal.

I work out 5 days a week. I run 2 miles at 5 miles per hour and walk another 1 mile on an incline. All on my treadmill.

I paid to have a personal trainer at the gym. 13 - 1/2 hour sessions. I have 5 more to go. I lift weights 5 times a week for 1/2 hour a day, usually right after I run.

I've upped my protein to 80 - 100 grams because I can tell that it helps my muscles feel better after I run and then I'm able to run again the next day.

I learned to do this gradually, I started by walking EVERY DAY for 20 minutes on my treadmill. Then it was just faster and faster and a little farther. Now, it is like my morning coffee...gotta have it. LOL

I wish I had not indulged in or "tried" to eat things like chips or drinking wine. (Note* I am a BIG wine person, always have been and I have a serious collection).

I would have waited until I hit goal to avoid the empty calories. It would have made goal a lot easier. Especially because when you get close to goal you have to work harder.

I think Dr. Ortiz and his entire staff were the best. I could not have asked for better care and knowledge. I'm hoping my daughter will be able to go in February.

So lets share our story, ok?

donna

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have lost 70 pounds...never worked out once except a lot of walking due to my job. I started at 216...now i am 146 pounds...10 more pounds to go to get to my personal goal wieght. As for food at the begining it was very hard. I ate very little. I couldnt keep much down. I am finding i can eat more now and can eat solid meat now...however i am in month 5...and my stomach doesnt burn when i drink orange juice and i can eat solid meat and egg...whereas i couldnt before. I am going to start working out to Tone...I am happy with my success. I think its only going to get better.