What have ~you~ heard?

PadresGrrl

Hey Everyone...

So, I'm keeping a little list of some of the things (mean things) people have said to me. Not to dwell, but rather to digest it without needing to comfort myself with food later. The following have been said to me, to my face....omg...wow.

Here's one:

"A lot of people get slutty after they lose a lot of weight, we'll see what happens with you"

WHOA?!?!!? Huh?!?! What?

Here's a good one:

"I didn't know you thought you were ugly"

Huh? I never said I thought I was ugly, holy crap, I just want to fit into a pair of jeans right...!!!

But, that's what THEY think. THEY think 'fat' is 'ugly'. They think 'fat' people who lose weight and finally aren't considered 'ugly' and feel good about themselves...finally, thanks to all the nasty comments hurled our way for so many years, well, are just naturally going to be 'slutty'....

Anyway, I wonder if any of you have heard some crazy stuff. I haven't kept my surgery a secret....now I get why others HAVE chosen that route :/

Oh, and I think YOU are HOT, just the way YOU are! Here's to feeling healthy and strong and rockin' a cute outfit...because you can!

the part I don't understand is how overweight friends no longer want to associate with you. I know it has more to do with them than me but at this point in life, I did not think I would need to go out and find a whole new circle of friends

Great topic....I have heard some or almost all of the above with different versions...I have also lost at least two friends or at least they are not as close to me as they were..some are not liking the whole "new me" thing...finally I say with conviction "TOUGH" I owe it to myself to do what I want for a change..take me or leave me...The comments from my patients are really interesting...I have to say at least once a week they ask me "where did Michele go?" and I respond she is right in front of you! Wow, never considered this. After the first time I had to come up with that response..I have also had to learn how those comments affect me..and to deal with the very mixed emotions. Of my journey this and the mental stuff is def. the hardest....another new lesson I am just now stepping into is "how to date" wow, never thought at my age I would say that. My husband died three years ago and we where high school sweethearts so dating is something I have zero skills at and I am not sure I'm doing it right or am even ready..another new lesson(s) I guess.

I guess I feel reassured that I'm at least not alone in this. However, I'm so sorry you girls had to hear any of this, too. I have also really noticed how people watch to see how much I eat. Sheesh, work your own plate!! LOL!! I'll post the next winner soon....

• 1 month later...

My mom told me that she would pay me $5 for every pound I lost because I was 245, now I am within 15 lbs of her. She is eating those words now.