Scheduled but now very nervous.

I am scheduled and think that I will be going alone. I have some questions about boarder crossing. About how long does it take to cross back to US on average? I will be comming back to the US on a Thursday after 3pm? Also what do you tell them when you are crossing back that you went for surgery? How does that go? I am sure they have a lot of poeple that cross for surgery but I didn't know how that goes with your precribed medications?

The border crossing was very easy, took under an hour. You need to keep the list of medications the center will give you just in case someone asks. No one asked why I had been there or requested documentation for the prescriptions. By the way none of the medications are narcotics so there shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you very much I have always been asked to stat my business and where are you going? Then on the way back in to the US asked reason for travel....etc

Bella,

I just went down last Friday for my first fill. If you are having OCC pick you up and take you back over the border, it's just so easy :) There is a line to cross back into the US....it feels like forever, but it's really not that bad. The center is very close to the border, but traffic is traffic :/ They did ask me what I was bringing back into the country, and this time it was nothing. The first time I did have a couple prescriptions, but no one even asked. The security is kind of like the airport, but I feel more relaxed at the border than I do at the airport...LOL! The driver is very good and made me, both times - both ways, feels very relaxed and comfortable. Good luck...I remember feeling the feelings you have, and having others say "don't worry, it's very easy" but until you do it the first time...it can be a little unnerving. You'll be fine!! :)

Thank you very much PadresGrrl. I do have someone to go with me now she is trying to get her passport rushed so I hope it comes in time. I am a little nervous catching my flight home at 6pm with crossing the boarder but I hope to just leave plenty of time.

Well...technically, I walked back into the US, too...LOL! You'll get out of the OCC van to go through the check point. @ Lindsay, did you use OCC service or catch a cab...or? I drive a special numbered car, so I don't want to drive it out of the country, but I have considered renting a car approved for Mexico travel and just driving it there (easy since I live in San Diego County). I really paid attention and my driver really helped me with the way we were going, so that if I do drive I'd know right where to go. It's SO CLOSE! And SO EASY! LOL, I say that having been a passenger with a guy that drives that drive ~all the time~ :)

Hugs to Bella...I promise...it's SO EASY, SO NICE and SO COMFORTABLE! If you're staying over at the Marriott, it's so nice...same quality, wonderful staff you'd expect at any higher end Marriott :) Everyone speaks beautiful English....it's just totally not scary and wonderful.

My sister went with me (in hindsight, totally could've gone solo) and she was treated VERY well, too! The Marriott pool area is beautiful and it was a really nice place to just walk around...walking felt really good.

Here's a head's up.....you are in Mexico....and 99% of the TV stations are in Spanish ...derrrrr, I never thought of it. Bring a couple DVD's and a laptop with you....you'll be glad you did ;)

Hope this helps!! :)

I knew I would have to walk across the boarder from another post a read about packing light and with a suitcase with wheels. I just have never hear anyone on here talking about what they told customs as I know they always ask why you are going to Mexico and then when you go back into the states they want to know why you were in Mexico. LOL

I am staying at the Marriott. I also plan on doing a lot of walking (as much as I can) I know how much it helps. I was thinking about bringin a laptop I thought there were a few English tv stations but I am sure they are not the "good" stations. I will also bring my kindle as I like to read a lot and so does the person that is comming with me.

It's not bad at all going across, they are real good with timing, they do this all the time. I do agree that a suitcase on wheels is vital. IF they ask you to lift it tell them you just had surgery they will do it for you. The line might look super long but it moves very quickly. I was in a super panic worried that something would happen and I would miss the driver on the other side...that of course did NOT happen. They were wonderful from the minute they picked us up until they had us safely back at the airport to return home. I could not have been more impressed.

They did ask me specifically what I was doing ... and I told them I went over for 3 days for a medical procedure. They kinda giggled, and that was it.

I do believe they asked me the doctors' name & address, and they knew exactly who I was referencing.

I did take the OCC van/taxi, as I was going straight to the airport from the hotel/clinic --

Pack LIGHT.

You won't need much, except really comfy jogging pants, thick socks/slippers, and maybe a couple tshirts .... I remember getting the sweats the night after my surgery, more because of my anxiety than the surgery, and wished I had packed a fresh tshirt to change into. :)

You surgery incisions are sooo tiny, you'll be shocked!

So don't worry too much about not being able to bend over, ect.

My discomfort was caused completly by gas post surgery ... they'll blow your tumy up with air, which is the worst of it all!

Walking/moving around helps release this extra gas. I also found I had bad acid reflex post surgery, which is something I had never experienced before, so I wasn't sure what was going on.