Worried about getting through my post op diet.

mmmgirl81

Hi I am having my lapband surgery on Friday and my biggest fear with it is the liquid post op diet. I was just wondering how everyone has gotten through it. I am so worried that I won't be able to stick to it. Is it easier after the surgery? Has anyone had problems with it? I want this to work.

Also, I go to the gym several days a week. How long after the surgery should I wait before I start working out again?

The post op diet was pretty easy to follow. I was determined to follow program. The only thing that I ended up craving was liquid that wasn't sweet. Broths seemed extremely salty so they did not work either. Someone suggested trying hot and sour soup strained so just the broth. That worked. Hope this helps

Hey MMMgrrl!

You know, 21 days of liquid seems ... well...really really hard...but you know, for me..day 5, 6, 7 were the only tough ones. I felt completely better from the procedure and just the 'habit' of eating kicked in, I really wanted to CHEW....my husband around day 14-15...somewhere around there...was like "I have no idea how you're doing this"...but it really wasn't hard....just push through the tough days...you might have a couple...but over all, it's really pretty much a breeze. Best of luck to YOU!!! :)

~Laura aka PadresGrrl

How are you doing mmmgirl81?? I think I seen you as I was leaving and you were going in..not sure..but how is your recovery? feeling good?

I am doing ok. The recovery is perfect. I have no pain and am almost back to my normal routine. I am sticking to the post op diet, but it is hard. I really have to remind myself why i am doing this. Last night I was at my pool tournament and everyone was eating pizza. It is so hard to smell the food and know I only get protein shakes. At the same time, I believe it is a mental battle that will help my long term results.

How is everything with you? I hope your recovery is going as good as mine!

• Like 1

Sorry I did not see this right away!!! Still a bit tender,, went back to work on Monday, and following Dr.Ortiz liquid diet, and now I get, drinkable yogurts!!yay- exciting! but to be honest not finding anything to bad..I have been kind of avoiding my friends for now, while I try to get stronger in my head... And with my pre op diet and post of down 22pds, so very happy!!! I am going to start walking now..I know he said 4 weeks but just even a bit more movement..I wish you the best!!!! Glad you are feeling good!!!