What should my calorie intake be

mmmgirl81

I was wondering what my calorie intake should be during the post op diet? I know they say 60 grams of protein but also what should my fat and carb intake be? The reason I'm asking is I was worried I want getting enough calories so I ate a small cup of straine.d potato soup, which is kind of fattening

Very good question, I have heard people stay around 700-800 but to be honest not completely sure, and I hope someone can come and set it straight. I was just banded on Mar 9th so am still on a liquid diet, and will be on a tight diet for the next 20 days..yay me!!

Don't go below 1200, or you'll have problems losing fat long term.

Slow and steady ...

and I'd personally cut carbs, and get your calories and energy through protein and fats.

But it depends on your body depeats and processes carbs.

I was wondering what my calorie intake should be during the post op diet? I know they say 60 grams of protein but also what should my fat and carb intake be? The reason I'm asking is I was worried I want getting enough calories so I ate a small cup of straine.d potato soup, which is kind of fattening

Potatoe soup would only be fatening if it's used with whole milk or cream.

It can very easily be made on the lighter side.

I would encourage you to only make your food. No store bought anything.

Thank you I think yesterday was the first day I broke 1000 calories but I was upset because my fast grand were so high.but mabey yesterday was a good day! I think I might call the nutritionist and ask her first hand. I will let you know what she says

so I just got off the phone with dr.miranda she stated she didn't care how much fat and carbs right now. She said 1000 cal. To 1200 cal. Is good. She said to do what we have to do to last the three weeks with out solids and if that means fattening cream soups she said go for it.

• Like 1