Well Sleeve is done....

Now time will tell. I am so far happy with my sleeve and glad I had the surgery. I wish I could say that I had a outstanding experance but it was just OK. Was hoping it was great to go back for some plastic surgery. I will still be checking the board and reading others post. Also updating my progress. Feel free to ask me any questions either email or message me on here.

Why was your experience just 'ok'? Do you mind sharing the details in this thread?

This is important info, as a lot of people read this info .. just don't post. :)

If anything, i'd question the PS they have; they've gone through A LOT of doctors over the past 3 years that I've been on this board. And i've NEVER seen any photos of before/afters nor any testimonials. They won't/haven't posted anything publically which is a huge red flag IMO.

I would never go there, because of that.

People can email me for my experience. But maybe I went into it thinking something else as everyone posted on her it was better than health care they have received in the states. My wait times were just like ER wait times in the states. Also there were a few other things that I observed that would NEVER happen in the states. I am a very observant person and can look past the pretty office. Not saying I was not happy I went as I am happy I had VGS surgery. I just observed in what I would call Triage (where Ivs are done, where drains are taken out) they have chocolate brown covers on the beds and I did notice a fairly large wet spot on it about 4x3 inches. The wet spots are not easy to see but I was looking as I know what was in my drain bag thing EWWW I just steered clear from that side of the bed. I know I should have said something but I was sort take by surprise. AND I really wanted my drain out after waiting 1hr and 40 mins in the waiting room and I was the last person to get mine out. (Left hotel at 11:20 (when they wanted us for the van) clinic wanted us there at noon, boarder van medical transport arrived to pick us up at the clinic at 2pm) They stated our barium swallow test at 1:25 for 3 of us and stated our drains at 1:40. Then we were headed for the boarder. Also I waited at the airport for the van for 3 hours. Then we had to drive around looking for everyone that had been there for almost as long as I had been. I arrived at the airport at 5:20 and arrived the hotel at 11PM.

That is one thing that happened while I was there out of the 4 days.

I had my band done years ago, there .. and I too experienced a few 'off' things, but it wasn't anything that really turned me off.

I still remember they had told me to arrive VERY early at 6.30am for surgery the next morning .... but then the doctors didn't arrive until after 9!

The wait was terrible on my nerves! And I felt completely forgottena bout in the waiting room. Heck, the receiptionist hadn't even arrived at that time.

• 2 years later...

I wouldn't say it was the greastest care either. I had a band. That night they didn't offer me any water or even broth. I was starving from not eating all day. I remember the other patients and I going to make our own broth in the kitchen. Shouldn't they have checked on us and offered us something?